Our client, a design-driven technology company with a history of industry-disrupting innovation in the lighting industry is seeking a Principal UX Researcher to join their team. This job is hybrid in any of these locations: Coopersburg, Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Conshohocken, Pennsylvania.
Relocation assistance available.
You will join a diverse and creative group of design researchers, product & UX designers, and user interface designers who share a passion for human-centric design and have numerous patents to their name. You’ll work with teams across the organization to imagine and build innovations for their customers, designing a variety of platforms, devices, and services, and exploring new technologies like AR, VR, voice, and more.
As a Principal UX Researcher, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects at the intersection of the physical and digital world. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across other disciplines to ensure alignment as you define and drive the UX research design vision, strategy, and execution for multiple products
- Guide and lead every aspect of UX research, including planning, designing, conducting, and reporting for multiple concurrent generative and evaluative research projects
- Coach and mentor UX Researchers of various levels, including reviewing deliverables
- Use best practices for UX research to ensure usability and understand user behavior and emotions
- Work closely with designers to ensure generative and evaluative research are used for decision making in the digital product design and development process
- Use and contribute to enterprise repositories for user insights
- Advocate for human-centered design practices including user research and accessibility
- Actively participate in the internal UX Community of Practice
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology, Ethnography, or closely related field; Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all degrees earned
- 12+ years of industry experience, including 3+ years mentoring researchers
- Expertise in a range of research methods including field studies, usability testing, surveys, focus group, card sorts, diary studies, tree testing, A/B testing, and eye tracking
- Expertise with common tools
- Experience conducting remote research
- Background working in an agile development environment
- Experience with a range of technologies, including mobile and web apps and web sites
- Background in statistical analysis