This is a HYBRID role, located in Andover, MA open to relocating candidates.
Our client, an insurance company, is seeking a UX Designer – On Site to join their Innovation team. The individual filling this role will have the opportunity to help shape the next 200. As a part of Innovation, you will work to drive profitability and growth by reimagining the most valuable experiences for our independent agents, policyholders, and employees.
A successful candidate will be self-starting, organized, collaborative, and creatively confident with the ability to design new services and digital experiences from customer insights. The ideal applicant will be adept at all phases of the design thinking process, possess a Visual Design specialty, and have Service Design experience. The UX Designer will lead ethnographic user research, collaborate with and assist the project team during the ideation process, and translate insights into prototypes that will be iteratively refined in tandem with our end users. The UX Designer will skillfully design new experiences that generate value for both our customers and the company.
- Work with customers and stakeholders to define, design, and prototype new digital and service experiences rooted in human-centered design research insights
- Define and communicate new experiences and offerings that are grounded in customer insights and business needs
- Lead field research to explore customer needs and collaborate to define hypotheses to test with prototypes and pilots
- Define and develop designs and prototypes of new digital and service-based solutions
- Drive rapid ideation at varying levels of design fidelity to test with end users
- Consider how a solution will work top-to-bottom from customer experience through operations
- Bring ideas to life using compelling customer journey maps, personas, storyboards, wireframes, and user stories to share with stakeholders
- Conduct usability testing and assist in the interpretation of research insights and their implications
- Bachelor’s degree in UX Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors Design/Engineering, Anthropology, or other related degree, preferable.
- 3+ years past work experience as a User Experience Designer or similar role.
- Proficiency in design thinking and human-centered design.
- Knowledge of industry tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate clearly with various departments as well as vendors, contractors, and freelancers.
- Ability to learn and utilize the client’s Innovation Process and research methodology and suggest alternative approaches related to discrete cases.