Our client is a Seattle-based work and tactical gear retailer. They are seeking a Lead UX Designer – Hybrid. As the solitary designer of UX for the client, you individually own the rapid evolution and innovation of the ecommerce purchase path and holistic online brand touch points, measured by online revenue growth and related KPIs.
This highly autonomous role will be a proactive and natural leader who thrives in high profile identification of ecommerce friction and yet who also enjoys rolling up their sleeves and designing, deploying, and measuring better customer solutions. You will function as an owner by harmonizing all parts of the customer journey but be expected to manage many details and individually develop the details and design short term solutions that make up your well-developed long-term plan. In this role you will immediately make an impact and work closely with passionate teams to contribute to a legendary Northwest brand poised for massive growth over its next 100 years.
- Exhibits leadership and ownership perspective who champions for the customer experience
- Works directly and collaboratively with the ecommerce of merchandising, engineering and creative teams throughout the lifespan of projects
- Establish and evolves complete customer ecommerce journey by creating a strong vision and tactical elements
- Defaults to quantitative measurement and customer research practices to develop strategies and assess return on projects
- Owns and maintains the company’s style/UX/UI guide and ensures proper usage across digital channels
- Must have an understanding of back-end web development process, ideally in Magneto 2
- Plan and purpose opportunities for build vs buy solutions
- 4+ years of UX/UI design experience producing impactful business results in an ecommerce environment.
- Experience managing high level strategy, but also retaining ownership of intimate details of research, wireframes and mockups.
- A portfolio of UX work showcasing well thought out UI design and examples of business process flexibly and adaptation.
- Passionate about the foundations of good design, typography, page layout, art direction, color theory, and total customer journey.
- Solid understanding of marketing channels and proven experience adapting work to specific customer segments and diverse users.
- Team player who enjoys a fast-paced environment where flexibility, creativity and sleeves rolled up DIY actions are required.
- An ability to passionately pitch, and accept pauses, on projects to technical and non-technical teams, leaders, and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines and adopt communication cadence and tools or internal groups (Jira, Slope, Slack, etc).
- Expert proficiency in in design tools (Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch etc.) and proven ability to work closely with engineers.
- Deep passion for user feedback (using tools like Hotjar, GA360, Optimize, Crazyegg, interviews) using tools and interviews both.
- Working understanding of front-end code format and structure to marry intuitive design concepts with development architecture.
- A curious mind & entrepreneurial nature defaulting to adopting new technologies, competitive innovations and ecom services.
- An interest in rugged, handcrafted, and outdoor brands with design sense that embodies being timeless, textural, sensory and clear.