Our client, a data governance software company, is seeking a Technical Writer. This is a remote opportunity. This client helps the world’s largest organizations break down data silos to empower teams to make better decisions, faster. Their flagship product is the most practical deployment of knowledge graphs and semantic technology in the market, and allows Fortune 1000 companies to empower discovery, governance, and security of organizational data to enable the creation of the world’s most important technologies.
About the role:
An ideal candidate is experienced in writing technical documentation for software applications, preparing training solutions for clients, and creating demo data. Must be able to effectively communicate with all roles in the company including management and development. Previous understanding of knowledge graphs and semantic technology is an added bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Learning our products, aiming to effectively transfer knowledge to customers and new employees
- Getting to know the market, how to communicate features and changes
- Developing training curriculums appropriate for beginner, intermediate and advanced product users who will have diverse industry focus areas
- Taking ownership of customer facing product documentation and training materials
- Improving and developing new training and demo data
- Planning and updating training with each product release cycle.
- Planning and updating documentation with each product release cycle:
- Collaborating with the development team through the Jira ticketing system to track documentation updates for product releases.
- Working with markup languages to produce documentation (restructured Text built with Sphinx)
- Managing documentation release branches through Github
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experienced in writing technical documentation and preparing trainings for software applications
- Experience with different styles of learning and teaching
- Experience in creating self-service videos
- Experience with creating FAQs
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer presence
- Ability to work well independently as part of a distributed team
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Experience in Linked Data, RDF and SPARQL.
- Understanding of data governance/information management concepts
- Experience conducting training sessions
- Experience with a major eLearning platform (e.g. edX, Lectora, easyGenerator, Articulate, LearnWorlds, etc.)
- Boldy Customer-Centric: Every decision we make boils down what is best for the customer
- Substance over Style: Focusing on flat hierarchy, being decisive, constantly improving, and taking feedback. May the best ideas win.
- Connections matter. A team that sticks together is unstoppable. Presume the best intent and inspire others.
- Trust & Flexibility. We are more than any one label. Remote-first, well-compensated (competitive salary, bonus, and extended benefits) teammates get better work done, smile more, have great work-life balance and, frankly, are more fun to work with.
- Having a “Killer app” mindset. Building technology to solve real problems. Work with your team, pick a lane, and run.