Our client, a leader in governance, risk and compliance platforms is seeking a Lead User Interface Designer to join their team.
The Lead UI Designer will have the authority and accountability to shape user interface strategy and architecture at a holistic level and will contribute their expertise as an individual contributor on high-impact challenges. The Lead defines, assigns, and follows up on problems requiring more out-of-the-box thinking and innovation and will be responsible for making critical group-level design decisions
- Ideates collaboratively, facilitates cross team design critiques, and mentors others in design ideation.
- Coaches, mentors, and provides feedback on other designers’ work and sets best practices.
- Partner with Product, Engineering and UX to plan our design roadmap.
- Collaborate with other UX team members to ensure we’re delivering elegant solutions that solve the right user problem.
- Design user Interfaces for both native mobile and responsive web platforms
- Collaborate with the brand design team to develop a product aesthetic that makes our user interfaces clean, intuitive and consistent with the Workiva brand.
- Inspire and drive innovation on our teams by sharing thought leadership and trends from the product UI space.
- Coordinate and partner with engineering to handoff designs, provide specifications, and quality assurance support through to launch
- Drive and govern the usage of our Design System to deliver high quality, and cohesive interactions, patterns, and specifications
- Conduct design reviews and confidently communicate decision-making rationale to team members?
What You’ll Need
- Ability to drive design work with an open mind and a strong focus on business needs
- Ability to plan out the necessary design efforts needed with product management and engineering.
- Strong understanding of graphic design and how it applies to the user interface; deep knowledge of color theory, layout, typography, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional proficiency in user interface design, discovering innovative solutions
- Ability to produce any deliverables that are requested at very high level of quality, with limited need to re-do
- Superior level of skill with digital tools including: Adobe Creative Cloud & Figma
- Ability to collaborate with teams outside of UX and ask the right in-depth questions to help deliver the right solution
- Knowledgeable enough in front-end development to be able to collaborate with engineering teams
- Ability to present designs to a non-UX audience and clearly articulate the rationale behind the design decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create a consistent design feel, as shown in portfolio
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Self-motivated and excellent problem-solving skills
- 7+ years of previous experience in visual design, user interface design, graphic design, or related field in a software development environment
- Demonstrable experience designing for web (desktop, mobile) and native (iOS, Android) platforms; experience designing interfaces using Google’s Material Design and Flutter preferred.
- Experience building and/or contributing to component-based design systems in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated exceptional proficiency in user interface design, delivering innovative solutions, rapid prototyping, and leadership.
- Must have a portfolio to show design work
- B.A./B.S. in graphic design, user experience design, interaction design, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in human computer interaction, user experience design, interaction design or similar degree preferred