Our client, a startup SaaS company is seeking to hire its first Senior Technical Writer/Content Architect.
The company developed a modern Data Automation Platform that helps businesses solve costly data inconsistencies and integration challenges revenue teams face today. It is built specifically to help revenue leaders regain control of their data sources and integrations through intelligent data cleansing, merging, and augmentation. Organizations will have all the required information available to operate efficiently, without the overhead of ancillary integrations and data aggregation platforms.
As our first Technical Writer & Content Architect, you will build the foundation of our technical and non-technical documentation, customer training curriculum, and customer enablement resources. This is an opportunity to dive into our platform, become a super user, and build content for scale in a rapidly growing technology platform.
- Own the overall strategy and management of our Training and Enablement function for our customers and for internal consumption. The initial focus will be on content strategy and development.
- Build an in-depth understanding of our platform as a super user, so that you can understand and articulate its scope, capabilities, architecture, nuances, etc.
- Build, maintain, improve, content library across text, video, diagrams, visuals, etc. to clearly articulate role-based documentation, at the necessary level of detail
- Audit existing customer enablement content for gaps and prioritize content with most impact
- Work with cross-functionally to extract key use cases across a variety of personas
- Design content that turns complex systems and concepts into bite-sized and effective content for rapid learning
- BS or equivalent education
- 3-5+ years of experience in technical writing, curriculum development, and/or API documentation for a platform product
- Solid understanding of automation technologies, middleware, integration architecture patterns, web services technologies, enterprise messaging patterns, APIs, SOA, ESB, BPM, SDKs, and Databases.
- Experience with cloud technologies – iPaaS, SaaS applications, cloud infrastructure
- Insane passion for making customers successful and for them to always feel supported on their journey with us
- Requires an understanding of integration platforms that can solve multiple use cases
- Must be an independent, self-starter with high-energy and a growth mindset who can build rapport and drive execution both internally and externally
- A passion for and belief in the power of data automation to drive cross-organizational business value
- Ability to create content with technical precision and clarity, as well as translate technical concepts into layman’s terms for easy-to-digest consumption
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey ideas and lead cross functional project teams
- An inquisitive, data-backed approach to what our customers need, and what content and mediums are most effective
- Keen ability to understand complex systems, data flows, and logic, and translate that into easily digestible content using visuals and other media
- You embrace ambiguity and enjoy finding order and simplifying process
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills in front of all audiences.
- Stay organized and independently see projects through to completion
- Work effectively in a dynamic environment with a large, distributed team
- Ability to travel as needed and to work flexible hours