Our client is an exciting Series B startup that is creating the next gen of data in the cloud AND in real time is looking for a talented Web User Interface Designer to own the redesign of their web site bringing contemporary user- and human-centered practices that will enable our customers to easily discover, purchase and become excited about our products.
The Web User Interface Designer will work across a range of design practice, from user research, insights, and strategy, through ideation, prototyping, and testing, to delivery of final designs. We are expecting exceptional visual and interaction design skills, a desire to continually broaden and improve them, and a passion for seamless digital user experiences.
Key to Web design success is close collaboration with Product Design and Marketing. You will be expected to be a strong partner in these relationships, involved in prioritization, planning, and decisions along the way to execution.
What you‘ll be doing
- Design beautiful, thoughtful experiences across our web site.
- Partner with Product Marketing to deliver a visually captivating web site.
- Ideate and prototype to explore different creative options.
- Manage visual design direction – contribute to our design system and atomic UI libraries, to support reuse and extensibility
- Create detailed UI designs and specifications for screen layout and interactions
- Bring the design vision to life in high-fidelity, development-ready mockups and realistic prototypes
- May conduct or assist with user research to better understand user needs and behaviors, and usability testing to see how your solutions work for users.
- Present the findings of that research in easy-to-consume ways such as Personas, Workflows, and Journey Maps
- Bring the voice of the customer to your collaboration with Product Owners and Marketers as a key rationale for planning roadmaps, gathering requirements, and structuring the work
- Present work and articulate design decisions to executives and other stakeholders
What experience do you need
- 3+ years of relevant web design experience, ideally at a product-driven company
- Passion for innovation, experimentation and bringing stories to life with web experiences
- Fundamental understanding of frontend development – HTML and SCSS, ability to communicate effectively with developers
- Fluent in responsive, modern web design best practices, information design, and usability
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute on tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain brand standards and design systems across multiple platforms while still pushing the envelope and innovating regularly
- Ability to work from concept to finish – from wireframing to handing off the designs to the development team while communicating UX/UI goals effectively
- Portfolio that displays advanced creative design, high-fidelity prototypes, animation and motion across the web