Our client is a not-for profit organization whose mission is to advance law and justice by encouraging diverse, talented individuals to study law and by supporting their enrollment and learning journeys from prelaw through practice. They are seeking a New Product Development Manager.
They provide products and services that support candidates and schools throughout the law school admission process, and innovative solutions to expand and diversify the range of prelaw students, enhance student outcomes in law school, and support legal professionals throughout their careers.
The New Product Development Manager is responsible for supporting the development of new products or product adaptations. Their role is to determine how we can meet business and strategic targets while providing new products that serve the needs of our members, customers and future customers and are involved in all aspects of bringing a new product to market from the initial concept to product launch. This position will guide and lead activities that quickly and thoughtfully drive the product to market.
• Evaluate desirability, feasibility and viability of product concepts and new products as they move through their lifecycle.
• Support the design of products through design sprints, design workshops and other activities.
• Build business cases, business models, go-to-market plans, operational models and launch plans.
• Lead concepts through ideation, evaluation, prototype and scaling phases to get them to launch.
• Initiate and support new concept/product ideation activities.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure alignment across boundaries.
• Support and implement business development activities.
• Perform business intelligence activities as needed.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Occasional travel is expected for this position.
• Bachelors Degree Required; master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of business experience in new product development, product management or product design.
• Experience in project management, leading cross-functional teams, and using a product development process preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years business experience in the education, assessment, or legal industry preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentations, public speaking, and group facilitation.
• Can interpret market data and research and recommend appropriate actions
• Capable of working independently and staying organized while assuming multiple responsibilities and tasks
• Able to facilitate group activities and brainstorming sessions
• Able to motivate, problem solve, deal with ambiguity and effectively prioritize business needs
• Excellent leadership and teamwork abilities
• Keeps up to date with changes in the market and technology that would affect new product development
• A proven track record of results in a complex environment where multi-tasking and excellent judgment and decision-making skills are required.