Our client, a SaaS-based company serving very small businesses with their marketing needs — specifically in social media is seeking a Senior Product Designer to join their team. This job is fully remote, but can be hybrid with offices in NYC and Oklahoma City.
Our mission is to make world-class marketing easy for everyone. Trusted by over 1,000,000 brands and small businesses, our innovative tools aim to demystify the complexities of digital marketing and make it accessible and approachable for anyone – automating the most difficult parts to make anyone feel like they have a marketing team at their side.
Our 55-person company has grown quickly in recent years, but what got us to this point won’t be what elevates us to the next level. That’s where you come in… Do you have a record for turning ideas into products people love? Do you get equally excited about dreaming up bold innovations and making small, impactful iterations — all to delight users and make a real impact on their lives? If so, then join us and help us continue our quest to democratize digital marketing, expand our offerings, and invent new ways to help small businesses grow smarter and faster.
What you’ll be doing:
• Taking ownership of key company-wide initiatives and play a substantial role in shaping the direction of our products
• Working with our team to solve problems, define customer goals and opportunities, prioritize use cases, and design workflows and interfaces with detailed interactions
• Deciding on creating low, medium, and high-fidelity prototypes to stay lean, learn quickly, and iterate to the best solutions
• Gathering data and insights to validate those designs are on the right path and solving meaningful customer problems effectively
• Shepherding design from concept through implementation
• Helping build and define our design system and style guide to improve consistency — across layouts, typography, iconography, and every other aspect of our designs
• Leading design-centered brainstorming sessions and articulating decisions to the team
• Relying on access to thousands of eager customers to lead user research interviews, test prototypes, and validate ideas quickly
• Working directly with the head of product, product managers, and talented developers who appreciate the role that design plays in building world-class products (and collaborating with our amazing UX team, of course)
• Contributing across all phases of the product stack, with opportunities to learn, grow and lead in everything from user research to visual design to front-end development
• Experienced: 3+ years experience designing multi-faceted software doing all (or most) of the tasks above, with a demonstrated history of shipping complex, solutions-oriented B2C or B2B product design work
• Empathic: You’re obsessed with customers — you want to understand their problems and how they think so you can anticipate how designs will make them feel
• Crave customer delight: You’re enthusiastic about designing experiences people love and making a meaningful difference in their lives
• Collaborative: You want to partner closely with engineering, product, and marketing to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges that deliver customer benefit and business results
• Communicate with purpose: You’re able to confidently and persuasively communicate your ideas to peers and leadership; conveying a solid rationale for any design artifacts, strategies, and recommendations that you make
• Organized: You can translate big, nebulous ideas into a thorough and effective design process, with detailed plans, milestones, and deadlines
• Lead by example: You’re comfortable leading and managing collaborative projects, and coaching / mentoring other UX team members to help them grow
• Pragmatic: Your first priority is to create beautiful, well-crafted, and valuable UX solutions, but you’re agile enough to know when it’s “time to ship” so you can learn what’s needed to get there and iterate quickly
• Unafraid of gathering feedback: You’re comfortable working with research programs and talking with customers as well as internal stakeholders across the company to inform ideas while leaving your ego at the door
• Unquenchable thirst for learning: You’re curious, constantly working on your craft, and unafraid to get out of your comfort zone
More about us…
• We’re both financially healthy and backed by institutional investors who are in this for the long-run; we’re in this to create value for the world, not a quick exit
• Our culture is collaborative, energetic, growth-oriented and anti-political. We set audacious goals and tackle challenges daily, which leaves no room for ego or a sense of entitlement
• We’re radically transparent: Sharing new ideas and plans, giving feedback, and making everyone feel welcome in every conversation
• We have a commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion in our industry. Our customer base is highly diverse and skews toward female entrepreneurs; by helping them succeed we contribute to a more equal and inclusive society.
• We live by our design principles: 1) Everyone Drives Design 2) Balance Obvious, Easy, and Possible 3) What’s Vital for Some is Valuable for Everyone 4) Data Driven Design Over Assumptions