Our client is an early-stage startup that helps SaaS developers build better dashboards and reports for their end-users. They are looking for their first internal product designer to help users create amazing data experiences. This job is fully remote.
Our team is focused on tackling the hardest problems of user-facing analytics so that our customers can easily implement and maintain their dashboards while continuing to stay focused on their core business. Our team has deep experience in the SaaS space and we’re committed to building for our customers and not ourselves.
An ideal candidate will have experience working through the entire product development process at an early-stage company – from research to creating designs to launching and iterating on experiences for our customers. You are a self-starter, detail and quality-oriented, and passionate about having a huge impact!
We are a remote-first culture and virtual team of high-performing professionals with diverse backgrounds located across many time zones, including North America, Europe, and Asia. We prioritize asynchronous communication but come together as a team to solve hard problems when needed.
- Be a product expert: Deeply understand the problem our product solves and why our customers and their end-users choose us. You should understand the product well enough to answer common questions.
- Advocate for all users: Connect with all types of users and translate both qualitative insights and quantitative data into creative ideas and informed design decisions.
- Simplify the complex: Design beautiful yet simple solutions to complex problems even when it’s really hard.
- Work across teams: Don’t be afraid to pull in help from the entire team and support others, even when it’s outside your day-to-day responsibilities.
- Instill processes: Design is not just about pretty pixels. Champion a design process that creates world-class products.
- 3+ years experience designing and shipping complex products founded in data and customer insights
- Ability to communicate your decision process, form clear hypotheses around design decisions, and lay out a path to validate them
- Strong design craft and the ability to elevate the design across our product and brand
- Previous experience designing SaaS tools, B2B2C experience is a plus
- Previous experience working closely with engineers and customers to create effective solutions
- General understanding of data modeling, transformation, and visualizations
- Excitement about our products and being involved in the broader software development community.