Our client is an exciting Series B startup that is creating the next gen of data in the cloud AND in real time is looking for a Visual/Branding Designer to own the design system and shape everything from marketing to product design.
The Visual/Branding Designer will work closely with the Head of Design and Marketing to create elegant design systems and branding. You have worked closely with marketing, design, product management, and engineering in a fast-paced, collaborative and customer-focused environment. In this role you will work with the marketing team to shape everything from the website to social media to publication, and more.
You will also work with the product team, set up the design system and define our visual language. You will pitch in on the look and feel of projects across the org and bring a level of polish to everything we ship.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own, define and maintain brand consistency across all our digital interfaces
- Define the visual style envisioning the look and feel of a simple, intuitive experience
- Create and maintain our design system
- Apply design system to all touch points including marketing and product to achieve a consistent and harmonious look and feel
- Craft illustrations, from icons to mid-fidelity drawings, that build warmth and understanding into our experience
What are we looking for?
- A strong portfolio showcasing work across a range of mediums.
- 3-5 year of experience designing for software products
- Outstanding visual communication skills, including graphic design, data visualization, and typography.
- Experience building design systems.
- Experience creating (or working with) brand style guides and standards for websites and products.
- You’re a problem solver, able to take complex concepts and make them understandable and relatable.
- A passion for toolmaking and a readiness to go deep into a complex technological space. Prior experience in data technology is not necessary.