Our client is seeking a Contract Head of Design for a 6 month plus contract. Fully remote.
The company is a lighting and building management firm. They are creating new tech infrastructure to connect all their internal verticals, sales, distribution, etc and are looking for a Design leader who can help them strategize a design vision, manage, and hire contract researchers and designers including an outside agency. You will establish design systems and common framework across their products and portals and scale a team to execute.
- 8+ years of experience as a design leader with product design experience and a history of success in startup environments.
- Hiring, mentoring and managing a design team of UX Researchers and Designers.
- Experience with research driven design for complex products and services
- Collaborate with the leadership team, quickly moving ideas from high-level product vision and strategy through road mapping, planning, and execution.
- Design system Advocate. Demonstratable success in building and implementing a scalable design system in an organization.
- Great communication skills. You present design decisions and processes clearly and confidently, regardless of the audience.
- Be Agile. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading iterative process improvement efforts.
- A collaborative approach. You’re a great partner to your cross-functional teammates.
- Demonstrable organizational skills and ability to develop efficient workflows considering the asynchronous communication nature of a fully distributed team
- SaaS experience