Our client is looking for a Design Systems Designer to join their user experience team and help expand the scope and usage of their design system. This position is 100% remote.
We started our ‘Flux Design System’ in 2018. The original was based on Google’s Material Design but has now grown to serve our unique news and social media use cases. We’re looking for a designer who is passionate about design systems to expand our offering and evangelize it with product managers, engineers and our UX designers. We’re also looking to open source our design system to the broader UX community. Understanding that a design system is a living product and requires refinement, feedback and outward promotion is key. The successful candidate should have experience not only designing but collaborating with engineers, designers and product managers.
- Partner with designers, product managers and engineers to define, design, specify and build components.
- Design and deploy components and UX patterns in our Figma design libraries.
- Drive cross-app consistency by meeting and evangelizing with product teams and product managers to create a cohesive customer experience.
- Communicate and align with stakeholders, to keep them informed on design system releases and changes
- Work through implementation issues with specific product teams.
- Help develop our ‘Flux Design System’ website by building and maintaining component and pattern pages.
Skills & Requirement
- 3 – 5 years of experience designing for software products.
- Experience shipping software products (ideally business-to-business SaaS applications).
- Experience building and maintaining a design system
- Strong systems thinking with hands-on experience contributing to design systems including building adoption, guiding contribution and maintaining component libraries.
- Portfolio that demonstrates your UX design and design system experience.
- Ability to understand business, engineering and design requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of how to construct shared files and libraries in Figma’s design tool.
- Experience working in agile development environments
What you can expect from us
- Work in an international and open-minded team of designers, researchers, engineers and product owners
- Challenging tasks to solve
- A supportive and passionate design community
- Regular opportunities for learning and development including industry conferences, training in new skills and opportunities to contribute back to the community,
- Competitive salary and benefits