Our client, a provider of cybersecurity risk management solutions for tech companies is seeking an experienced UX (Design and Research) Ops professional to build team culture and scale up UX practices. This job is fully remote. Ideally MST or PST.
The UX Ops operational role will enable the UX team to run smoothly and the responsibilities include working with cross functional teams – building partnerships, optimizing design & research processes, and finding opportunities to improve how we work. This position sits in the UX org and reports to the VP of Design.
About the role:
- 5+ years of project / program management experience, preferably in a startup culture with modern enterprise products
- UX Ops will be an advocate for the design & research team and partners with other cross functional teams to scale up UX operations.
- You will help research teams to recruit and build the customer/user base
- You will work with the VP of Design to define how we work, how we get work done and how our work creates impact
- You will prioritize UX team health and facilitate design team cadence and culture building
- You will collaborate with product and engineering program managers to foster team alignments, sharing UX skills and knowledge, and UX enablement programs
- You will work with the VP of Design to scale up the Design System
- Outstanding partnership: you naturally collaborate and have relation-building skills
- Superb communication skills & analytical: you have “insights” skills to see gaps and turn ideas into actions for improvement
- Agile: you balance scrappiness and creativity in order to move faster
- Impact-driven: you have a set of success criteria to measure project impact
- Knowledge of human centered best practices & product development: you have experience and familiarity with product development and research methods to streamline the UX process in product development
- Mastery of project management tools: you have sets of tools to ensure UX work is measured, tracked, and represented and to make it more visible to the entire organization
- Onboarding & hiring: you will help VP of Design to hire talented designers and researchers then quickly onboard them
- Resource Outsourcing: you will help VP of Design to source and evaluate UX consultants
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 5 years, worked as a Producer or Program Manager of an in-house UX team
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, you have an eye for detail !
- Strong communication skills — you clearly articulate your recommendations and decisions, whether verbal or written
- Go-getter, a learner’s and a service mindset, receiving feedback positively as an opportunity to grow