Our client, a fintech startup is seeking a Director of Learning and Development to lead, create, and execute the firm’s training and professional development programs.
They are building the first truly open marketplace for alternative investments, where financial advisors and asset managers engage and transact directly on a massive scale. They provide financial advisors with a broad selection of alternative investment strategies, including hedge funds, private equity, private credit, real estate, digital assets, and structured notes; thus, allowing them to capitalize on opportunities and/or withstand ever-changing markets. Additionally, they provide an industry leading learning system that helps advisors learn faster, remember longer, and improve client outcomes.
. The ideal candidate is hands-on and highly collaborative, with a proven track record for creating, designing, implementing, and tracking firm-wide and department-specific people programs that support the training, development, and engagement of employees. As the first hire on the L&D team within the People Experience (“PX”) department, this high-impact role will provide an incredible opportunity for growth and visibility across HR and the business.
- Provide end-to-end project and program management for L&D and training initiatives for CAIS, including design, build, implementation, budget management, and measuring and reporting progress/KPI tracking
- Collaborate with the PX team and department heads across the firm to identify specific training needs company-wide and team-specific
- Build upon and drive the company-wide onboarding experience for a fast-expanding workforce; partner with departments like Sales, Client Service, Operations, Engineering, etc. to design tailored but scalable department-specific onboarding and trainings
- Coordinate and implement the end-to-end logistics for online and (in the future) in-person learning events; send pre- and post-learning event communications (i.e. reminders, surveys, evaluations); compile progress reports and insights for managers and senior leadership
- Partner with the Director of People Experience by auditing and building upon existing L&D programs, implementing strategies, providing recommendations to build out training programs, learning, & professional development opportunities, and employee engagement initiatives across the firm
- Research vendor selection of best-in-class learning management tools for compliance training, onboarding, and managing regular rollouts across firm, working hand-in-hand with Legal
- Develop understanding of Cerego, our learning platform to effectively partner with the Learning Design team to produce internal training modules
- Demonstrate thought leadership and subject matter expertise in professional & leadership development
- Support broader people programs as needed, such as employee recognition programs, performance management, D&I activities, organizational management, etc. programs
- Work with PX and Marketing teams to help plan, organize, and execute employee activities, including team-building events, firm offsites and parties, and community events
- Additional responsibilities to be determined based on capacity, skill, and interest
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience in the HR field, 3+ years in L&D, ideally in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully design, create, and launch L&D initiatives at scale
- Ability to roadmap and independently execute with great attention to detail within tight timelines
- Clear and effective communicator in both written and oral formats with the ability to engage and collaborate effectively with your team, business stakeholders, and external vendors
- Linear, logical thinking, and the ability to resolve complex issues into manageable components
- High emotional intelligence: strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and empathize with others and anticipate, respond, and pivot to the needs of the employees and business
- Desire to learn more about the financial technology and wealth management industries
- Technologically savvy with analytical skills to produce insightful data reports
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office