Our client is the leading ad-tech platform that uses machine learning and big data to help mobile businesses grow. They are seeking a Product Design Lead.
Since starting in 2013, we’ve built tools that help companies succeed with programmatic ads—and on a platform that reaches over 4 billion users around the world. We’re data-informed, but we also prioritize having a diverse range of voices and experiences. We strive to combine machine learning and a human touch.
We’re looking for a Product Design Lead who will help us make mobile ad-tech more accessible to advertisers and publishers by improving and designing innovative user experiences for our core product. This hands-on role will be highly visible, partnering with leaders across the organization and being responsible for design at every stage of product development from concept to stakeholder alignment, through launch, and beyond. The successful candidate will be a highly effective storyteller and collaborator who is strategic in their design approach and can holistically think about the customer journey. This role reports to our VP, Product Management.
What you’ll do
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into valuable product experience for our users
- Work closely with our Product Management, Engineering, and Data teams and bring new ideas to life that expand the capabilities of the product
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle, from conception until launch as well as additional ongoing iterations
- Conduct generative user research to understand customers’ needs and behaviors. Isolate problems in user flows and improve the overall product experience
- Working alongside both brand and product teams to define, craft and evolve our design system, creating a unified experience across platforms and customer touchpoints
- Embody and establish best practices for the design team, acting as a mentor to fellow designers
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
What you’ll need to succeed
- 7+ years of experience designing for software products that customers love
- A strong portfolio of relevant design work that conveys an ability to ship successful products and demonstrates fluency in user-centered design methods, storytelling, data visualization, and interaction design
- Enjoy taking on complex problems and boiling them down into simple, elegant, easy to use solutions
- Know how to design for the long-term, but also how to iterate quickly to get to the first version of that future
- A passionate advocate for evidence-based design, with strong skills in both discovery research and usability testing
- Experience working with and developing design systems and visual frameworks that adhere to modern usability standards
- A team player and facilitator who can collaborate effectively with everyone from designers to engineers to executives. Engage with teammates with clarity, openness, and curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, largely autonomous environment
- Eager to solve problems in ad-tech industry