Our client is seeking a Data Visualization Designer to turn complex data into compelling visuals. In this role you would be part of the UX Design team and work alongside partners in product management, engineering & documentation. This role reports to the VP of UX. This job is 100% remote.
Their product delivers a fresh take on People Analytics, bringing disparate sources of people data together in a dynamic platform that’s visual and actionable. Unlike legacy People Analytics solutions, theirs is designed to be used by the whole organization. This helps companies improve organizational health, drive alignment and accountability, and save time and money.
As a Data Visualization Designer you will:
- Design creative and scalable visual solutions to identify and communicate data and data insights.
- Implements the structural design and development of data visualization implementations.
- Provides extensive technical, strategic advice to technical resources in the creation and implementation of new data visualization standards and use.
- Give data meaning through information visualization / infographics.
- Advise on methods to augment and standardize dashboards and visualizations in self-service business intelligence tools: Tableau, R Shiny, ArcGIS.
- Contribute to communication of technical insights to non-technical audiences.
- Create a design philosophy across all of our reporting and analytical products with a style guide for standards of how data should be visualized
- Update our existing data visualizations to be more compelling and insightful
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience; to include:
- Two (2) or more years of experience in graphical and user experience design. Knowledge and experience with design tools.
- Two (2) or more years of experience with data visualization and associated technologies like Tableau.
- One (1) or more years of experience supporting giving data meaning through information visualization / infographics.
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and platforms
- Understanding of analytics and data science value, methods and outcomes
- Portfolio of work displaying data visualizations