Our client, the industry leader in?automating invoice?and?payment processes?for mid-market businesses is seeking a remote Senior UX Researcher to join their team.
This position can be hybrid or fully remote. HQ is in Charlotte, N.C.
As a Senior User Experience (UX) Researcher you will establish the methodology and set the tactical direction for all usability testing and research associated with assigned projects. This includes partnering closely with designers, product teammates, content writers and developers to deliver quality and timely research results and information to project teams in support of the design process. This role also manages the recruitment of research participants as well as key relationships with research vendors. This role works cross-functionally, fostering relationships with key partners at all levels across the enterprise.
- User Research – Lead, manage recruitment of users, and conduct various feedback sessions with customers. Plan, create, execute and analyze user research to fit into a UCD process.
- Evangelize the importance of bringing end users into the process early on, by way of observation, interviews, lo-fi or hi-fi testing.
- Create well-written deliverables that provide succinct, well-analyzed and actionable insights while articulating the findings through summary reports to convey iterative changes required to the user experience that benefit the end user.
- Utilize and facilitate remote moderated and unmoderated usability test platforms (usertesting.com, or similar) to rapidly turn around concurrent tests.
- Ability to conduct research and usability testing and synthesize those findings into actionable insights. Understand the specific pain points that the user faces at any time in their journey and work towards improving it with product teammates through requirements gatherings and prioritization of features based on research findings.
- Analyze and determine the appropriate research methodology and develop research/test plans to achieve stakeholder goals.
- Employ a variety of test methodologies such as Standard Usability Testing, Comparative Testing, Contextual Inquiry, Rapid Iterative Testing, Prototype Testing, Concept Validation, Card-Sorting, Benchmarking.
- Lead and Conduct research across multiple platforms, and cross-channel: desktop, tablet, mobile and native apps. Well versed in contextual inquiry research, such as diary studies and others to understand different user journeys through different products.
- Maintain cultural awareness of the design landscape and future trends. Proactively consume relevant content on them practice and processes of UX design.
- Look at the big picture, from UI to internal processes to user messaging.
- Create, improve and maintain complex user interface prototypes as required per project and product while contributing to promote and leverage our design system from a user research perspective.
- Complete user flows, process diagrams, company and user personas as required in the Discovery phase of each project.
- Mentor junior User Experience Researchers on the team. Educate the design team, product team, engineering team members and stakeholders on the benefits of user research and prototyping before implementation of a user experience design.
Required Education, Skills, and Qualification
- Minimum of 5-10 years of User Experience Research experience is required
- BS or MS in Interaction Design, Cognitive Sciences, HCI, or equivalent experience
- Portfolio of user interfaces or software UX design examples. User flows, research summaries, personas or process examples a must
- Demonstrable experience with a broad array of user research methodologies.
- A solid grasp of UCD, planning and conducting user research, interviews, surveys, A/B testing, user flows, personas, rapid prototyping, competitive analysis, heuristic evaluations, usability and accessibility concerns.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Qualification
- Responsive design and mobile considerations.
- Experience in Axure, Sketch, Adobe software, InVision, UserTesting.com or equivalent experience.
- Great cross-functional collaborator! Must be able to work with Designers, Developers, Writers, Customer Support, Researchers, Product Managers, and Product Marketers &Quality Assurance.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving aptitude and demonstrates group presentation skills
- A passion for solving problems and simplifying complex processes.