Our client is a not-for-profit corporation devoted to promoting and furthering the quality, access, and fairness of the law school admission process by providing core products and services to law school candidates and law schools in the United States and throughout the world. They are seeking a Product Designer/Service Designer.
This a fully remote or hybrid position. HQ is in Philadelphia, PA.
The product designer is responsible for supporting the development of new products or product adaptations. Their role is to use user-centered design to make sure that new products have exceptional user experiences, are inclusive, have accessibility considered from the design phase, and built to support marginalized populations. This position will serve as a champion for product design and user-centric design principles.
- Build personas, user journeys, and understand customer needs and goals.
- Build low and high-fidelity designs and prototypes to test and evaluate products at early stage including desirability and feature requirements
- Design and implement a user testing plan.
- Test designs to maximize acquisition, revenue generation, and customer experience.
- Present product ideas and designs to relevant team members for brainstorming and ideation.
- Develop design requirements and style guides to maximize user experience.
- Develop and implement best practices for product development to support accessibility and inclusivity
- Support the design of products through design sprints, design workshops and other activities.
- Serve as a facilitator of workshops and collaboration activities
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure alignment across boundaries.
- Support and implement business development activities.
- Perform business intelligence activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- UX or Product Design certification or degree preferred
- Experience building products that support accessibility and inclusivity required
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience as a UX Designer/ Product Designer/Service Designer required
- Minimum of 3 years business experience in the education, assessment, or legal industry preferred.
- Capable of working independently and staying organized while assuming multiple responsibilities and tasks
- Able to facilitate group activities and brainstorming sessions
- Able to motivate, problem solve, deal with ambiguity and effectively prioritize business needs
- Excellent leadership and teamwork abilities
- Ability to synthesize and evaluate data
- Keeps up to date with changes in the market and technology that would affect product and ux design
- Ability to build high and low fidelity prototypes and fluency of prototyping tools
- Ability to facilitate user testing activities and fluency of user testing tools
- Knowledge of WCAG guidelines and compliance
- Mastery and application of color, space, typography, iconography, illustration, and UX principles
- Is able to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications