Our client, a global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid is seeking a Lead UI Engineer to join their team.
They deliver compelling user experiences built with modern UI technologies to large banks and financial institutions around the world. We are looking to add the right individual to lead our customer facing development. IN this role you will be leading our white labelled UI development, implementing branding and customer requests. You will mentor/lead 1 UI Developer with the possibility of more.
As a UI Team Lead you will be actively involved in the development and maintenance of one of our key platforms, while also providing mentorship to the team.
This is a prime opportunity to learn React. We have products on backbone and Marionette as well as React. We’re looking for an experienced Lead UI Engineer who is using React or is interested in learning it.
This position can be based out of an open location in the United States
How you’ll contribute:
- Partner with Design, Product, and Development leaders to effectively deliver white labelled product customized for our customers. Ensure customer branding and requests are implemented
- Communicate with Program leaders to ensure customer satisfaction
- Partner with other UI Development teams to support and evolve our global Design System
- Reinforce our global standards and best practices through active participation in Code Reviews
- Own and drive our technical roadmap, with a focus on quality of code and delivery
- This is a hands-on leadership role. The majority of time will be spent writing UI code
- Work in concert with the UX Design group in bringing engaging UX to life
What will make you successful:
- 5+ years of UI Development experience
- 2+ years of experience within a senior or lead UI Developer/Architect role
- Effectively managed and mentor UI developersAn advocate of clean, valid, maintainable, and semantically correct HTML and CSS
- Understanding of React Development, as well as the React ecosystem as a whole or desire to learn React
- Deep understanding of Mobile First development practices
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience working within the Agile development methodology
- Experience with building WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliant Web Applications
- In-depth knowledge of the capabilities of IE11+, Firefox, and Chrome
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience working directly with customers
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent studies in modern technology
- Online portfolio or live example of work