Our client is looking for a Director of UX experienced at mentoring and coaching designers and technical writers, who will act as a champion across rapidly growing Application Security solutions. The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked their way up through the ranks of UX, with extensive experience designing elegant solutions to highly technical problems. The UX team transforms deep customer insight into delightful and innovative experiences that drive business results.
We are searching for a passionate and experienced User Experience Director to use their design talents to lead through product innovation. The process, vision, and design aesthetic you bring places customer’s needs front and center ensuring that our products deliver strong business results with ease of use.
Deliver High Quality Products
You have experience taking high-level business goals and breaking them down to help the team solve critical customer and business challenges. Deep knowledge of design processes and tools allow you to coach and guide teams through planning and the complex tradeoffs necessary to deliver excellent design work. The critical eye you honed over the years enables you to provide constructive and incisive feedback ensuring that we are always improving.
The cross-functional relationships you build allow you to communicate how design tools and approaches deliver business results and innovation for our customers in an agile environment. You understand how to help others engage with the UX team and demystify design so they can easily incorporate it into their planning and adopt design methods in their own work. The trust you earn by helping people achieve their goals earns you the permission needed to push the boundaries of design across the organization.
Deepen Customer Knowledge
A belief that understanding the customer’s inherent goals drives product innovation and business results drives your work. You help create tools and frameworks that enable the UX team and cross-functional partners to deeply understand users and ensure that the customer has a seat at the table for every design decision.
Build High Functioning Teams
The same curiosity and focus you have for understanding customers and building product is brought to the craft of building high performance teams. This same curiosity and drive allows you to evaluate and improve the tools we are using to deliver work and manage our teams.
- Inspire and lead teams of UX Designers & Technical Writers through the complete product discovery to delivery life cycle.
- Bring an ability to identify, influence, and prioritize opportunities for greatest impact.
- Champion the value of UX and continuously communicate with stakeholders across the business regarding key deliverables and the resulting positive customer outcomes.
- Sustain and build a healthy, effective, and impactful design team through hiring, talent management, and measurable contributions across the product.
- Promote a cross-functional design culture that is inclusive of product management, engineering, marketing, customer support and services.
- Work closely with product management and engineering to help shape current feature development and influence future roadmap direction.
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role. Preferably in a SaaS product environment.
- 5+ years’ experience managing managers and teams of 6+ designers across multiple tracks of work.
- A track record of designing high-quality digital products as a manager and the ability to craft an overall vision to guide the team; illustrate with case studies.
- Proven ability to take defined customer and business goals and helping managers translate them into crisp well-estimated plans that are appropriately resourced.
- Able to take business strategy and customer research insights and transform them into a detailed plan and roadmap that delivers business results.
- Demonstrates executive–level presentation and communication skills for audiences inside and outside the design team.
- A track record of growing and mentoring staff in a broad range of design skills and processes.
- Experience with Lean UX in an Agile environment and rapid / prototyping techniques (e.g. design sprints)
- A passionate advocate for the customer, who never loses sight of the big picture
- A curious and continuous learner of their craft who rarely settles for the first answer and constantly seeks new ways to solve problems
- Related Master’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience Masters in Design, Human Factors, or other Design/Business Related Degree
Collaborative Skills – Working with development teams