Our client is an exciting start up whose mission is to make world-class music education accessible to every single person on Earth. They are looking for a Product Designer. This is a fully remote position.
Their first product is a mobile application that teaches anyone how to play violin. We do this using movie-quality tutorial videos featuring diverse violinists, signal processing that listens to students play their real violins and gives instant feedback on every mistake, and a curriculum that prioritizes accessibility and diversity. This is crazy-hard and requires us to solve novel problems in signal processing, app design, user psychology, and education theory.
In the next 18 months, we will:
- Roll out new instruments in new languages.
- Build a community so students can play together and help each other.
- Create an educational curriculum that gets better with every new student we add.
- Unleash our students’ creativity by allowing them to create their own content.
It’s going to be a massive challenge. That’s where you come in.
You will be the second designer on the team. You will own the visual design for everything user-facing including our mobile apps, website, and marketing materials.
Ever look at a brand or a product and think, “If I were the designer this would be so much better”? In this role, you’ll have complete ownership over our visual designs.
Your mission will be to engage users with appealing user interfaces that are consistent with our design style and branding. You will be involved in the entire product life cycle, working closely with our UX Designer, Product Manager, and CEO to identify, research and provide high-standard designs for a variety of projects. You will be the final design eye on anything that goes live to our students.
- 3+ years UI experience working on B2C products, with a preference for mobile apps.
- Excellent visual design skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Expert proficiency in interaction design, information architecture, and visual design.
- Proven experience designing mobile-first experiences with a strong understanding of Android and iOS design guidelines and responsive web experiences.
- Strong understanding of design principles and user-centered design methodologies.
- Proficient using design technologies like Figma, Sketch, and After Effects to create high-fidelity mockups, illustrations, and animations.
- Knowledge of component libraries and design systems for mobile apps.
- Deep empathy for the journey of each individual student.
- Action-oriented. Moves with purpose, urgency, and adventure.
- Hands-on. Willing and eager to learn new skills to help out the team. Doesn’t view any task as “below” or “above” them.
- Creative. Able to come up with truly new ideas and be self-directed.
- Accountable. High standards for team productivity.
- Excellent organization and communication skills. Likes details. If you’ve read this whole thing, you might be a fit.