Our client, a developer of the number one low-code platform for rapid application development is seeking a Remote Senior Technical Writer. This job can be in the UK, Portugal, US- east coast and central time zones.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will work closely with engineering project teams, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality technical content that enables users. You may create content from scratch or create content from drafts contributed by an expert. You’ll work in an agile, docs as code environment, where documentation and other assets are managed and delivered following practices similar to the ones used in software development.
You have excellent technical writing experience and a keen perception of how to create the most effective enablement content for our users. You’ll have excellent writing skills and an ability to explain the technical details to technical and non-technical audiences in a written format. You’ll work with the team towards continually improving the scale, depth, and quality of our Technical Knowledge experience.
You will help define content strategies for the knowledge needs of our users, create written materials that address those needs, coach and mentor junior technical writers, and ensure that the technical content the team creates is of high quality and useful to our users.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Autonomously, produce straightforward, useful technical knowledge content in a Product environment;
- Coach and mentor junior technical writers in the team, ensuring the quality and usefulness of the content for our users;
- Work with R&D and other Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify the technical documents and plans required for each product increment. Then obtain and clarify the needed technical details for the produced content;
- Work with the team to continuously improve Technical Writing Best Practices, Style Guides, Processes and other Technical Writing guidelines;
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience writing for a technical audience (application developers, programmers, system architects, or similar);
- Experience with Markdown, Git/GitHub, Jira, and Confluence a big plus
- Ability to write different types of technical content;
- Experience with application development or other technologies;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Experience in Technical Writing in a Product environment;
- Experience in Content Structuring;
- Experience in gathering content user requirements;
- Motivation to work in a highly collaborative environment;
- Experience in SME and Stakeholder management;
- Ability to lead documentation projects;
- Good communication skills;
- Good prioritization skills;
- An analytical mindset, research, and exploration skills;
- Outstanding attention to quality and detail;
- Identifies opportunities for improvements and takes the initiative with a positive attitude;
- Proactive and curious about problems and their solutions;
- Eagerness to learn and embrace different challenges.
- Some software development experience;
- Content planning skills;
- Content process management skills;
- Experience with content SEO;
- Diagram creation experience;
- User testing experience;