Our client, a leading Digital Consultancy is seeking a Director, Customer Experience Strategy. This position is remote.
Our client promotes health, wealth and happiness in the world by merging storytelling with technology and offers marketing and technology clients full-service capabilities including strategy, creative communications, experience engineering, media, digital platform development and more.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
They are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our deep vertical expertise and category insights stem from decade-long partnerships with our top clients.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Laying clear the problem space, putting sharp focus around a challenge hypothesized by the client or proposed by you and the agency team. Evaluate the business issues at play, unpack key assumptions, and consult on how customer experience initiatives might be used to address them.
- Performing primary and secondary research to understand the competitive landscape and business our clients are operating in.
- Having defined the territory to address, planning appropriate qualitative and quantitative methods to unpack it, whether they be evaluative, descriptive or generative approaches. (We favor a strong focus on ethnographic interviews, contextual inquiry, and participatory design research methods.) Plan and field research with support of fellow strategists, calibrating for priority learning objectives.
- Leading findings analysis in a collaborative manner that engages and inspires the core internal team (strategists, designers, technologists) and client partners.
- Bringing to life the needs, behaviors and motivations of the people for whom we’re designing. Elucidate the problem to be solved and provide insights into potential solutions through CX design artifacts (e.g. data-driven personas, customer journeys, job stories). Facilitate discussion with team members and clients to arrive at consensus on areas of opportunity and priorities.
- Partnering closely with designers and technologists and clients on integrated approaches to solutions, balancing desirability, feasibility and viability. Along the way, leverage your strong facilitation skills in informal and formal settings, including design sprints and co-design sessions.
- Developing product and service strategies and roadmaps.
- Defining measurement strategies to evaluate business impact and areas for improvement.
- Overall, serving as an advocate and champion for customer-centric research and design cultures, advancing both mature CX organizations and those with strong ambition who stand earlier on the adoption curve.
- A track record of applying human-centered design practices in the development of software applications and digital programs.
- Extensive facilitation experience, including user-led design research and sprints.
- Depth of experience planning and conducting quantitative and qualitative user research, at all stages of product development.
- The ability to evaluate solutions using a range of approaches, such as: design trends, heuristic reviews, competitive benchmarking, formative, and summative usability studies.
- Expertise in designing user testing and concept validation – i.e. identifying potential solution options for a given user need and designing experiments that help to pinpoint the most viable solution to pursue.
These are the qualifications we’re looking for:
- At least 10 years of experience in customer experience, UX design, human centered design, or related fields.
- 3+ years’ experience managing, leading and mentoring others.
- Depth of experience with primary research methods including in-person interviews, contextual inquiry, as well as projective techniques, co-design sessions and workshops. A passion for exploring new methods and continually improving how we work
- Engaging storytelling —delivering insights about people and behavior, verbally, in writing, and visually—in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team
- A collaborative work style. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and add to a team culture that’s committed to on-going learning and improvement.
- Viewpoints on how people use technology in real life, and how that affects their expectations and needs as form factors continue to evolve.
- Ability to craft measurement plans that help prove the value of the experience at hand, tying to business outcomes and actionable steps for improvement.
And here’s how we live our values:
- Ability. Mastering our craft
- Agility. Delivering with a growth mindset
- Humility. Collaborating for shared success