Our client, a leader in election innovation is seeking a Technical Writer. This position is temporarily remote but will require some onsite work in the Boston office as restrictions lift.
You will be the 2nd Technical Writer and embedded in the development team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Create and edit technical content that enables election officials and voters to use the their products.
- Collaborate with your teammates on a cross-functional agile team to design content that makes new features easy to use while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Create, curate, and prune content in our internal and customer-facing knowledge bases.
- Become an expert on the documentation requirements included in certification regulations, including the Voluntary Voting System Guidelines.
- Enable more efficient completion of documentation work by proposing improvements to documentation processes and tools.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years writing and editing technical documentation.
- 5+ years creating topic-based documentation in a modern component-content management system that is based on technologies such as HTML, CSS, and XML (we currently use MadCap Flare but other examples include DITA, DocBook, and Paligo)
- 5+ years integrating screen captures and images in documentation (we currently use SnagIt and Inkscape)
- 3+ years using a modern source control system (we currently use Git)
- The ability to learn complicated information and write it clearly, simply, and succinctly.
- Experience managing multiple documents across different product releases in a fast-paced environment
- A track record as a collaborative, communicative teammate.
- Writing samples required.