Our client is seeking hands on end-to-end Senior Product Designer for a new entrepreneurial venture (NEV) within the company. The title is UX Manager as you will be responsible for strategy, new creative ideas and eventually to lead a team. This job can be fully remote from these states: NY, CT, CA, DC, TX, MA, AZ, VT, and NJ.
The NEV is their entrepreneurial team that creates and launches new businesses that solve problems for consumers while earning revenue to support their non-profit mission of making the marketplace more just and fair.
They are looking for a talented Senior UX designer to lead the user experience efforts across multiple platforms, developing creative solutions for business and consumer challenges.
If you’re passionate about fairness and want to do good while doing well, consider this opportunity!
What you will do
- Lead user experience efforts for all development projects across platforms – web, tablet, and mobile.
- Develop creative solutions to business and consumer challenges; generates or leads development of storyboards, task flows, consumer journeys, experience maps, wire-frames, prototypes, and taxonomies.
- Manage internal user experience team, outside design agencies and/or freelancers on projects. Help to recruit a talented freelance pool.
- Establish user experience best practices for the organization. Sets and evolves optimal site conversions and experience standards.
- Analyze and document existing website content structure, taxonomy, page templates, and interfaces.
- Play an integral role in site usability testing. Help to plan and conduct usability tests, evaluate results, and provide recommendations for improvements. Assist in defining organizational resource needs for user experience.
- Be an active advocate for this discipline within the organization: mentor staff and senior leadership around key usability concepts and practical applications.
- 8+ years of practical experience in user experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a Lead role at either a major agency or a large commercial Web site.
- Demonstrated familiarity with user-experience best practices and standards, and a proven track record in usable interfaces and efficient page-level templates, etc. for large data-base driven, responsive/adaptable products.
- Solid leadership ability and communication skills. Must have a high-degree of comfort leading creative teams; working with outside agencies; recruiting and managing freelancers etc.
- Strong consensus-building skills and a partnering, team-oriented attitude; able to work productively in a matrixed organization.
- Strong management ability. Ability to lead both visual design and user experience architect staff towards a common vision.
- Highly adaptable and can keep pace with new technologies, agile processes, and new user experience skills.