Our client, the number one low-code platform for rapid application development is seeking a Project Manager, Content Development.
As the Project Manager for the Technical Knowledge team, you are an expert planner in an Agile environment and savvy stakeholder management. You are an individual contributor who will take ownership of complex tasks and projects. You put the customers’ needs first and have the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and subject matter experts. You will manage schedules for technical documentation and training projects. You will work across departments to help our team plan the technical enablement content required for each release. You have exceptional understanding of the content development process as it relates to technical writing or course development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work relationships with Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to identify release cycles and negotiate deliverables
- Define the technical enablement roadmap including driving project plans for each product release schedules
- Coordinate with the technical knowledge team to develop, plan and deliver technical documentation, courses and other enablement materials which will enable our technical users
- Manage content requests, the ongoing backlog of tasks, and the short-, medium- and long-term roadmap of content initiatives
- Contribute to the strategy to develop, write, edit and maintain technical content
- Collaborate with other content producing teams to align deliverables and avoid duplicating efforts
- Create dashboard reports that we can use to assess workload efficiency and set priorities
- Participate in Agile events for the Technical Knowledge team, such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, and sprint reviews and retrospectives.
You must have:
- 5+ years of experience planning, developing, testing, and delivering technical documentation or courses for complex technical products
- Record of building relationships with stakeholders and subject matter experts to support successful content outcomes, including product management, engineering, quality assurance, support and field teams
- Experience leading people and teams to achieve goals under strict deadlines
- Ability to engage with our customers to learn how we can improve their technical enablement experience
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM, understanding of Safe development process a plus
- Experience working with Jira (or similar tool) in an agile (scrum) environment. Strong interpersonal and English verbal communications skills.
- Skill in technical writing methodologies such as topic based writing, single sourcing
- Experience in Content Structuring and Content Engineering;
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements and initiate a plan for those improvements
- Eagerness to learn and embrace different challenges.
East Coast candidates preferred
- Certification as Scrum Master, PMI, or other project management
- Some technical experience;
- Content planning skills;
- Content process management skills;
- Experience with content SEO;