Our client a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses is seeking a Director of Product Design.
Candidates must live in the Bay area for eventual part onsite work.
As a Design Director, you will be part of our product design group shaping core payment experiences by establishing design methodologies and helping scale & mentor team members. You will be establishing short and long term vision for the team and working closely with product & engineering leaders to influence roadmaps and execution plans that deliver delightful experiences for our enterprise customers. This is a senior-level role requiring business acumen and significant experience in defining and executing design strategies.
· You will report to the VP of UX and closely partner with Product & Engineering leaders across the company
· You will drive design vision and strategy for core payments & partner experiences
· Define design execution plans inline with product roadmaps and implement for best results
· You will be responsible for driving designs on multiple platforms, design reviews, and design sprints
· You will lead and mentor a team of designers and also scale to support new requirements, build quarterly plans and help achieve business goals
· Establish best practices within the team to help achieve high-quality design deliverables
· Participate in discussions with our partners to understand their core needs and come with design strategies that are in line with our product capabilities
· Cultivate a data-driven design approach by actively engaging the team with data analytics, usability insights, and other funnel data to inspire new design directions
· 5-10 years of experience in a design leadership management role, responsible for both senior individual contributors, and managers
· Extensive experience in building product experiences for consumer/enterprise software products
· An outstanding portfolio demonstrating design strategy & design works that influenced business outcomes
· Experience in building highly effective design teams focused on delivering consistent user experiences
· Experience in partnering with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid and growth environments
· Demonstrated leadership experience closely partnering with product leaders to develop the strategy and execution plan
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills