Our client is looking for a versatile content writer with a passion for making products great through simple, clear language and a friendly, human voice to join their User Experience team. Work can be fully remote but near these cities: San Francisco, CA, Raleigh, NC or Boston, MA.
They’re looking for someone that can help craft the voice of their product suite. We enable organizations, companies and universities to track, understand and gain insight on what’s being written about them in news and social media. We’re looking for someone who can understand our users and then communicate the capabilities of our service. You’ll play a key role in crafting the user experience, working with designers, product managers, product marketers, researchers and engineers who build our products. This is an exciting opportunity to help define our product and how we speak with our customers.
- Craft application content that facilitates user navigation, onboarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials, and other components of the user experience.
- Evolve and promote our content style guide by defining a vision for how we speak to and engage with our customers and enables others to write and contribute
- Build trust and influence with cross-functional teams. Work with product managers and UX designers to craft friendly, clear and helpful application content.
- Contribute to our design guidelines by documenting and explaining the key features and patterns of our application and includes sample copy, nomenclature and standards to.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions on new features to help define new products and features.
- Document and share your process and decisions. Organize periodic talks, tips and forums to elevate the writing of the entire team.
- Present and review your work at product and design reviews
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience working as a user experience writer or content strategist.
- Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples that demonstrates your skills, experience and passion.
- Experience working within a user experience design or product team environment.
- Ability to do high quality work across two to three active projects in a timely fashion within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ideally, experience working on business oriented software-as-a-service applications or other web-based software applications.
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile.
- Ability to effectively communicate the content experience to executives and stakeholders