Our client is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses is seeking a Growth Staff Product Designer.
This job is temporarily remote but eventually will be part onsite again in San Jose or Houston, Texas.
As a Staff Product Designer, Network, you’ll be fundamental to our network vision and strategy. You’ll join a team dedicated to changing how small and medium businesses do business today. You’ll work closely with product managers, software engineers, other designers, and user researchers to build high-performing and user-centric products for our customers.
· Strong data literacy & expert in data driven design approach
· 7 years of experience in product design & at least couple of years in growth experimentation
· Min 2 years of experience as a lead designer driving the vision & design implementation
· Experience in mentoring other designers and leading strategic discussions with other stakeholders
· Hypothesize experiments based on data by collaborating with data scientists & analytics.
· Drive the creation of growth equations for the network expansion.
· Identify avid user and socialize their actions and behaviors
· Design for rapid experimentation and iterate to produce results
· Active collaboration & alignment with the key stakeholders
· Applying design principles effectively to create simple experiences that create viral effects
· Mentor other designers and drive vision for the specific domain by partnering with product owners & engineering leads
· You’ll work on several product areas in collaboration with leaders across Product, Engineering and Design.
· Testing your hypotheses with user research and data insights to inform your design decisions.
· You’ll be part of defining product requirements in collaboration with product owner and engineering partner. Bring in user perspectives and apply design thinking to create effective experiences for our customers.
· You have a growth mindset and like to experiment with new approaches & thinking.
· Share the tools, tricks and processes that propel your creativity and boost efficiency.
· You are infinitely curious about your customers, and know how and when to run research and usability studies to learn more about them.
· Understand complex financial and accounting needs of business owners.
· Contribute to the development of our robust and scalable design system.
· Outperform the competition with your user experience designs for web, mobile native and responsive interfaces.
· Apply design thinking strategies to help cross-functional teams collaborate and co-create amazing product experiences.
· Communicate your ideas visually with user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
· With your strong verbal and written communication skills, share your solutions with your team and larger audiences and apply feedback as you iterate.
· Armed with your strong sense of aesthetics, you’ll demonstrate your obsession with product quality.
· Ship, build, test and iterate on stellar interactive experiences that simplify complexity.
· Have deep expertise and knowledge of your product area.
· Operate successfully in partnering with design, product, engineering, marketing and customer service partners to nurture an extremely collaborative and iterative working relationship.
Why work here?
We are talented and fun product people who care. You’ll learn from the best and have an opportunity to lead in a supportive atmosphere. We are agile and dynamic, so you’ll have an impact on the product and people who use it. As a leader you’ll have autonomy to drive design decisions and shape everything from the process to the design system.
Our product is a game-changer in financial services. With 13 years in business, our knowledge, network and market equity we’re poised to take it to the next level. Help us get there!
The ideal candidate will have a well polished portfolio site which demonstrates the following:
- In depth understanding and experience in building top tier complex digital solutions
- Expert proficiency in the latest digital UX design applications
- Communicated process experience in leveraging research at all stages of the design lifecycle
- A massive library of project work which is jaw dropping
- In depth experience in the financial industry