Our client, a fast-paced SaaS developer of facilities management tools is seeking an Instructional Designer to join their team. This job can be contract to perm or perm. This job is fully remote with some travel to NYC when things open up. Location in the Tri-state area is ideal for possible part remote/part on site work.
The ideal candidate is a hybrid between a tenacious researcher and a high-velocity learning designer, who can take abstract scope documents from product managers and turn them into exciting learning solutions for our customers — developing both written material for our online knowledge-base and compelling video-based learning. Applicants should be curious about SaaS product design, agile enough to pivot direction, and creative enough to keep raising the learning and visual bar.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Work with Product Managers to develop learning solutions for feature releases in an agile environment
- Develop learning solutions for quarterly releases and off-cycle maintenance updates
- Apply adult learning theory and instructional design theories to:
- Create and publish engaging knowledgebase articles in our University for new and existing products and features
- Create courses (microlearning, short instruction, instructor-led, eLearning, manuals and/or quick reference guides) for clients and employees regarding our solutions and the facility management industry
- Become an SME by growing and maintaining deep knowledge of our products and solutions
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time with high quality and adhere to company standards
- Maintain diverse knowledge of tools used to facilitate course development
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Learning Technology, Learning Theory, or related field
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Theory, the ADDIE model, and the 5 Moments of Learning Need
- 5-8 years of experience in a SaaS or technology setting designing and developing eLearning, microlearning, videos, graphics and other visualized learning content, technical documentation, and other instructional design outputs.
- Mastery of Adobe Captivate or similar
- Experience with graphic design using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Flash/Animate
- Experience in writing compelling knowledge base articles, training guides, instructor workflows, and audio scripts
- Experience in recording and editing voice-overs using Adobe Audition or similar
- Working knowledge of basic HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Atlassian Confluence or similar online help center solution
- Working knowledge of executing evaluations based on the Kirkpatrick Evaluation Model
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% annually.
- A digital portfolio must be submitted with your application. Applications without a digital portfolio will not be considered.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience at a SaaS company or similar technology company is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of designing infographics and/or graphical instruction
- Knowledge of (or interest in) Adobe Character Animator
- Knowledge of (or interest in) video production, gamification, or AI for learning
- Knowledge of PDF publishing in Adobe Acrobat (interactive PDF experience is a plus)