Our client is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join their User Experience Design team and work on applications within their Media Intelligence platform. The Media Intelligence suite allows customers to monitor their organizations across a broad range of media including news and social media. We enrich their results to provide dashboards, reports and insights.
Note: this job is now fully remote but when safe, there will be flex time with a few days onsite at the office in Manchester, NH.
Your focus will be on the Analyze product that showcases analytics/data visualizations. You’ll collaborate closely with the local product and engineering teams. You’ll also be part of a global design team and work to define and expand the UX patterns that make up our Flux Design System (based on Google’s Material Design).
You’ll participate in user research, collaborative sessions to define potential solutions and drive detailed designs that work towards getting releases into the hands of our users. This role involves translating business requirements into UX solutions and coordinating closely with product managers, development teams and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have deep experience in the Software as a Service (SaaS) space as well as an ability to learn our product and customer space to understand their goals and needs.
- Work with product management to understand and prioritize customer needs, business goals and product requirements
- Facilitate collaborative working sessions with product and development teams to ideate and explore solutions
- Design and iterate on ux concepts, including wireframes, storyboards and/or prototypes
- Where it makes sense, use data visualizations to best portray data and content that is polished and easy to consume
- Design, build and test product solutions
- Work with user experience researchers to test and validate users needs and solution fit
- Help drive a user-focused approach to product development
- Assist in promoting and expanding our design system and component library
- Collaborate closely with engineering within an agile development process to resolve questions on user interface behavior
- Will facilitate usability testing/user research activities as needed
- Collaborate with design system lead to create style guides for data visualizations
- Mentor less experienced designers as needed
Skills & Requirements
- 7+ years of experience as a user experience or product designer
- Experience with enterprise/SaaS software and translating complex features into understandable and learnable products
- Ability to seek out and incorporate customer and usage data to understand user behavior and make better data-driven design decisions.
- Proven experience shipping web-based and/or mobile products and applications
- Experience with product design best practices including working with agile development teams, responsive design and design for accessibility and localization.
- Experience with both native mobile apps and web-based apps.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present to both business and technical stakeholders.
- A strong online portfolio that demonstrates your process, passion and ability to ship
- Must be self motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Experience with Figma desired
- Experience with Highcharts desired
- Knowledge of standard charts and visualizations (best practices) with a track record of implementing them.
- Modest travel may be required