Our client, a developer of enterprise business software is seeking a UX/UI Designer to create and envision a modern user interface and optimal user experience for their products.
The UX/UI Designer will work alongside engineering to a more consistent workflow across applications and create a design system for their expanding design and development team.
This position is temporarily remote due to Covid-19 restrictions but will be an onsite position when deemed safe in Lexington, MA.
In this position you will:
- Solve complex design problems understanding technical constraints
- Design and cataloging all screen elements. Build grids, lists, buttons, and tool bars.
- Execute design layout, typography, iconography, color theory, and composition to design UI with artistry, creativity, and mastery
- Maintain the design system and push the project forward alongside other developers, designers, and product managers in an agile environment
- Participate in all stages of the visual design process from concept to build with engineers
- You care deeply about the details and having an exceptional level of fit and finish
- System thinker with an understanding of atomic design principles
- You have experience solving complex problems for enterprise level software
- You can confidently explain and defend design decisions
- You understand the ramifications of design decisions on a global level
- Deep knowledge of modern, emerging web UI patterns and design tools, usage and best practices
- You are proactive and can work independently, while also pairing and collaborating with engineers and other designers.
- Must have at least 4 years of UX/UI design experience on complex products
- Experience contributing to or designing apps or software with a pattern library, component library, living style guide
- Experience crafting, implementing, and evolving a design system for digital products
- End to end design experience
- Designed a shipped product
- Solid user-centered design fundamentals with standout visual design skills and the ability to quickly produce high quality deliverables.
- Ability to present design solutions with clear, articulate rationale.
- Proficiency with tools such as Sketch, Invision, Zeplin
- Portfolio showcasing your best work