Our client is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. They pride themselves on their people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. The office environment is fun, friendly and located right in Davis Square. They offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit packages.
They are looking for a Senior UX Designer, based in their Somerville office, with experience helping clients present their content in a way that makes intuitive sense to their users on large multi-platform websites. The right candidate will need a clear understanding of both user and business goals, adept at creating solutions that achieve both.
- Design information architectures, taxonomies, and component and page layout wireframes that turn messy, disorganized and often very complex websites into clear, navigable, and valuable resources for users.
- Own a variety of activities throughout a project life-cycle, including content audits, heuristic reviews, competitive analyses and user research via interviews, surveys, and user tests.
- Participate in the facilitation of design thinking internal and client workshops. Work collaboratively with our clients, our Digital Strategists, Digital Analysts, Visual Designers, Business Systems Analysts and Front-End Developers.
Experience & Education
- 4-6 years of direct experience creating user experience deliverables (user flows, wireframes, information architectures, taxonomies) for the web
- A strong portfolio of sample client work or case studies from past agency, internal design or freelance work
- Experience collaborating with Visual Designers, Digital Strategists and Technologists
- Experience being part of, and leading, agile projects of significant size and scope
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. visual design, human interface design, sociology, psychology, etc.) a plus
- Previous agency experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An understanding of and experience working with template and component-based design that is supported by CMS platforms such as Sitecore, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience running or interpreting user tests
- Experience leading client workshops employing design thinking or other generative facilitation techniques
- Excellent communication skills appropriate for both internal and client teams
- Collaborative, supportive, respectful personality
- Strong time-management skills, independent drive and the ability to work on multiple projects under deadline
- Ability to respond professionally and positively to critical feedback but also to raise hand openly for support and help when needed
- Desire to be an engaged contributor to a growing, collaborative, no-ego team whose primary focus is designing the best experiences for clients we really care about
Not Required (but highly desireable)
- Previous experience as a visual designer, front-end developer, interaction designer, art director, creative director, or similar
- Business development / pitch / proposal experience
- Data visualization design experience
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Travel up to 20% (mostly local, occasional overnights – pitches, client on-sites, conferences, etc.)