Our client is seeking a contract technical writer for 6 months with the possibility of conversion to perm. They are open to junior technical writers, and engineering grads who would like to move into technical writing as a career. API documentation experience is highly valued. Work is remote per the pandemic and will move when appropriate to their Boston office.
Our client founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber-attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on their advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management
- Generate API documentation for products. Develop reference guides, use cases, and other materials. Collaborate across internal teams to produce documentation for technically sophisticated clients who have expert knowledge of catastrophe modelling and the insurance/reinsurance industries.
- Work with scrum teams and coordinate internal reviews of the documentation.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with demonstrated experience in advancing multiple concurrent projects. Strong attention to detail and ability to apply critical thinking required.
- 1-5 years of experience writing API documentation for a technically sophisticated audience.
- Ability to interview subject matter experts to obtain information and/or confirm logical or procedural features of the software.
- Experience working in source control.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, computer science, engineering, or related field with 5+ years of experience as a technical writer.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Document X.
- Experience with DITA authoring environment and tools.
- Experience documenting database material.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with XPath, CCMS, MSBuild, and Windows batch scripting.