Our client is seeking a Technical Writer for a 3-6 month contract. The job will be remote until if and when it is safe to work onsite. The company is in Westborough, MA.
The Technical Writer writes, edits, and revises documentation for product development, training, support services, marketing and customer/end-user activities for next gen energy storage solutions.
- Writes, edits, reviews and revises a variety of technical user documentation.
- Creates and publishes installation guides and manuals for service, maintenance, training and product descriptions.
- Collaborates with engineers and product management during design and development phase to gain an understanding of the product and deliverables.
- Develops documentation project plans and timelines to meet customer deliverables.
- Provides customer-oriented information geared toward diverse audiences, provided in a variety of formats.
- Manages the research, creation, and delivery of content for delivery in a variety of media, including printed documents, web pages, Wikis, and online help systems.
- Conducts interviews with users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Translates technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
- Creates and integrates graphical content including photographs and line diagrams.
- Utilize PhotoShop, Visio, and/ or other tools to create, enhance and deliver artwork tied to labels and website support.
- May guide, direct, lead and assign work for outside consultants to achieve overall program/ project goals.
Key Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Attitudes
The position requires:
- Demonstrated ability to manage novel and difficult projects with tight timing constraints.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and excel in a self-directed work environment.
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- An understanding of and experience in project management, planning, and scheduling
- Technical writing skills
- Strong product/technology/industry knowledge or the ability to learn it quickly
- Record of successful projects that required independent and self-initiated ability to gather diverse information from various types of technical developers and end users.
- Ability to manage individuals (internal or external) to meet specific technical publication product and project goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or BA English degree
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Framemaker, Acrobat Professional, Photoshop.
- Proficiency in digital photography, web design and writing, and any of these software packages is a plus: SnagIt, Visio, Webworks ePublisher, Adobe Illustrator, Robohelp, and/or Microsoft Project.
- Experience in high voltage energy storage battery systems, power battery applications, and consumer electronic systems a plus.
- 10-15 years of technical communication work experience.