Our client in Westborough, Ma is seeking a Contract Technical Writer to write, edit, and revise documentation for product development, training, support services, marketing and customer/end-user activities.
This is a 3-6 month contract with possible extension. Work is onsite 4 days a week. Start date is in April. Samples required.
- Writes, edits, reviews and revises a variety of technical user documentation, specifically focusing on delivering exceptional context sensitive online help within an HTML application.
- Creates, updates, and publishes software guides and online help.
- Collaborates with engineers and product management during design and development phase to gain an understanding of the product and deliverables.
The position requires:
- Demonstrated ability to manage novel and difficult projects with tight timing constraints.
- Experience developing online help and context-sensitive HTML help systems and web sites using RoboHelp and FrameMaker source files
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and excel in a self-directed work environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a BA in Journalism, English, or a similar writing-intensive degree. Graduate work a plus.
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Technical Communication Suite, especially (ranked): RoboHelp, Framemaker, Captivate, and Acrobat.
- Expert in Photoshop and Visio; Illustrator a plus.