Senior Instructional Designer, full-time with remote flexibility
Location: Phoenix, AZ (preferred); or willingness to travel to Phoenix 25%
Our Client believes high-quality education should be accessible and affordable for everyone.
As Senior Instructional Designer, you will be instrumental in assisting our clients in effectively implementing our adaptive learning platform to improve online teaching and learning using sound instructional systems design principles, coupled with our unique research-driven adaptive approach.
The Senior Instructional Designer will join a team of highly creative instructional design and technology experts with entrepreneurial drive and commitment.
• Design, develop, update and maintain adaptive learning content using agile and continuous release development models.
• Collaborate effectively with faculty, subject matter experts, instructional designers, program directors and academic leaders in higher education.
• Lead clients through an adaptive learning design and development engagement from project kick-off through quality assurance testing, tracking project milestones and client requirements, while providing consultancy, leadership, creativity and expertise.
• Provide guidance and innovation in adaptive eLearning course design and development, interactive and instructional media design and development, research and identification of appropriate OER and eLearning resources, and effective student engagement and faculty support strategies.
• Transform a variety of instructional resources at various stages of readiness for online eLearning delivery into a robust, cohesive, and engaging fully online educational experience leveraging instructional design and accessibility best practices.
• Serve as adaptive platform product expert and consultant, training a variety of academic client stakeholders on platform features and functionality to fully leverage the platform to design, develop and maintain courses independently.
• Provide innovation with the continuous improvement and increased effectiveness of internal and external course design, development and delivery processes.
• Coordinate and successfully implement project plans with client SMEs/faculty, and internal course development teams and senior leadership, communicating any client concerns, requirements along with proposed solutions.
• Engage in change management with client SMEs, faculty, instructional designers, and key academic stakeholders and decision makers.
• Work remotely and/or weekly onsite with key clients in the portfolio.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree; preferably in instructional design, educational technology, instructional technology, MIS, computer science, information technology or comparable technical/educational discipline or equivalent experience.
• Extensive experience with online course design and development, ideally in higher education. (5+ years minimum)
• Advanced knowledge of adult learning principles and online teaching/learning methodology, including experience with applying usability and web accessibility standards in developing online instructional materials.
• Demonstrated experience leveraging a variety of eLearning delivery tools in the design and delivery of robust, engaging and interactive online educational experiences.
• Prior teaching experience and/or experience collaborating effectively with a variety of academic stakeholders, including faculty, instructional designers, program directors and other academic leaders in higher education.
• Innovative and self-motivated problem-solver with a proven track record of identifying opportunities for improvement and recommending/implementing solutions within systems, processes, etc.
• Exceptional organizational, communication, problem-solving, analysis, design and testing skills with an acute attention to detail and a keen understanding of big picture and customer needs.
• Experience coordinating / managing multiple, concurrent projects, with the ability to manage expectations effectively when handling competing priorities and deadlines.
• Proven ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and building relationships with internal and external team members.
• Experience with adaptive learning technologies.
• Proficient in instructional media design, web design, graphic design, HTML/CSS, etc.
• Experience working with Storyline, Captivate or similar eLearning tools.
• Account management experience ideally with clients within higher education.
• Project management certification or training.