Our client, a fast-growing cybersecurity start up is seeking their first UX Researcher to join their UX team to help them evolve their process for organizing user research and testing across multiple Product squads. With guidance from the UX Team, the user researcher will be responsible for deliverables including user sentiments, patterns, and opportunities for improvement regarding the target user’s experience.
This role is based in NYC.
- Understand target user’s operations and workflows within the platform
- Identify opportunities for improvement based on the platform strengths and weaknesses regarding target user’s experience
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Product Designers to define product and design goals, then design testing methodology, timeline, and scope to investigate those questions.
- Source participants for user testing and handle logistics and schedules around live testing.
- Conduct user testing on design mockups, prototypes, and finished products and features supplied by the Product Squads.
- Compile and present learnings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear and actionable way they can use to design product improvements.
- Connect target user sentiments to NPS feedback and user metrics to achieve a greater understanding behind promoters and detractors
- Identify new sub-personas, journeys, use cases, or other target users as necessary
Experience and Skills:
- 2 – 5 years of qualitative user research experience and documentation methods
- Strong understanding on using qualitative data to enrich existing quantitative user metrics data
- Degree and/or demonstrated interest in a user research-related field (HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, etc.)
- Experience developing research protocols and test methodologies
- Experience with NPS rating systems is a plus
- Availability to travel when needed
- NYC-based a plus