Our client is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses.
They are looking for a Sr. UX Writer/Content Strategist who’s passionate about creating emotional customer connections to help them take content to the next level!
Content influences (BIG TIME) how consumers feel about the companies they’ve entrusted to handle their money. Content is a big responsibility, and there’s an opportunity to do something purposeful and impactful—for millions of business customers. We’re looking for equal parts content strategist and UX writer.
As a Sr. UX Writer, you’ll join a team dedicated to changing how small and midsize businesses do business today. You’ll ensure a cohesive language experience and help define a vision and strategy for content across multiple channels and touchpoints.
You’re a shoo-in for this role if you…
Are versatile. You’re able to plan and write content for web and mobile, including onboarding, user flows, microcopy, product emails, and everything in between. You love the big picture as well as hands-on writing and editing.
Iterate quickly and respect deadlines. You’re comfortable managing multiple projects and know how to move fast, while still being meticulous and conscientious about your work. You do whatever it takes to keep projects on track while keeping messaging on target.
Develop copy that gets attention and elicits emotion and action. You’re skilled at translating features into benefits and crafting messages that connect emotionally with consumers.
Are a pro at product and UX content. You’ve wielded copy for product and UX experiences and made them intuitive and delightful. You’ve weathered release cycles and can share shining examples of real work you’ve shipped, describing what you learned along the way.
Understand that words have to look (and feel) right. Great copy is an essential ingredient of delightful design, and your work shows how you’ve tailored messages to fit certain spaces and styles. You recognize that a first draft rarely plugs and plays with a visual design comp.
Have a “can-do attitude” and take initiative naturally. You don’t just sit around waiting for someone to tell you what to do. You’re not afraid to fail, ask questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating.
Turn drama into action. You’re a strong thinker, and you prefer to focus your energy and effort on solving problems.
Can fight the good fight. You defend what you think is right for the business and consumer’s needs, relying on logic and evidence, rather than opinion or emotion. Testing and research are part and parcel to designing delightful experiences.
Have held titles like: Content Strategist, UX Writer, Content Designer, Taxidermist. (Okay, maybe not a Taxidermist).
- Execute end-to-end content strategy for multiple product experiences.
- Transform complex payments jargon into conversational, approachable language.
- Collaborate effectively with designers, writers, product managers, marketers, and researchers.
- Eagerly solicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews.
- Skilled communicator, influencer, and negotiator, with excellent verbal and written command of the English language.
- Plan, write, edit, test, and improve content for product flows, emails, and other content throughout all touch points.
- Help apply and maintain consistency with content style guides, frameworks, and guidelines; evolve our voice and tone standards.
- Provide thought leadership on content strategy across the organization.
- 5+ years of user-focused writing, including onboarding, user flows, microcopy, product emails, and everything in between.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant field.
- Proficient understanding of design principles and methods.
- Experience with creating strategies and writing content for fintech products.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must show strong examples of empathy in your writing; your portfolio should showcase workflows, content templates, style guides or standards for a variety of content types (including UI, user education, emails, or other product communications).
- Can work on multiple projects at a time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately.