Our client is seeking a Director of Product Design to lead their fast growing enterprise in Boston, MA.
Candidates from outside of Boston, welcome. Relocation assistance offered.
As Director of Product Design, you’ll be passionate about solving complex business problems across the customer journey. Specifically, you enjoy the world where hardware and software come together, including complexities around onboarding on new hardware, designing for multiple devices and payment types, and the constraints of legacy models. You’re right for this role if you love guiding teams from conceptualization through release — demonstrating your experience in innovation and value delivery; you’re naturally a systems-level thinker; if you’re humble and understand that there’s always more to learn; and if you can’t wait to coach and grow our talented UX team.
About this roll*:
- Lead and mentor a growing team of passionate product designers, providing mentorship to broaden their skills and support their career growth, conducting performance reviews, critiquing design work, and recruiting top talent
- Be a strategic partner to product management and engineering leadership to collaboratively define the vision and strategy for our hardware, payments, and platform ecosystem
- Champion and drive high-quality user experiences across the ecosystem
- Elevate the organizational culture with a design thinking mindset for creative problem solving
- Proactively identify and contribute ideas as a catalyst for driving positive change
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 10+ years’ experience delivering high quality products repeatedly with 3+ years’ experience in building and coaching teams for high impact results
- Real passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it
- Exceptional storyteller visually and verbally
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design and Android patterns and best practices
- Innovative thinking, empathy, and a desire to continuously learn and evolve