Our client is seeking a seasoned Instructional Design professional to join the Global Sales Enablement organization to help us design a new seller development framework based on roles, competencies and a badging/certification program. This person will be a key contributor to the strategic development of role-based journeys that ensure optimized, effective, and modern learning experiences for our global network of direct and partner sellers.
Working closely with the VP of Global Sales Enablement and a strong team of subject matter experts, course developers and regional enablement leads, the instructional designer will contribute to program strategy and design as well as create a variety of assets to support sellers.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has in-depth experience and proven success designing and developing learning programs for global sales and/or technical audiences.
- Has strong educational acumen and is well-versed on instructional best practices for the modern learner.
- Keeps him/herself up to date on industry trends, insights, new technologies and data.
- Is an enthusiastic collaborator and can manage a global set of stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrates proven ability to solve complex problems and enhance processes in measurable ways, with ongoing cross-functional communication and clear, concise updates to stakeholders.
- Understands modern content development best practices for the digital world.
- Implement a sales job role analysis and develop supporting competency framework to serve as the backbone of the program.
- Assess the current content/portfolio and perform gap analysis.
- Work with subject matter experts on content design and development and drive standard framework for content look and feel.
- Define content development roadmap that supports competency framework analysis and aligns with prioritized business needs.
- Define and develop learning journeys, certification framework and assessment strategy and content.
- Participate in LMS requirements, design, and implementation based on learner needs.
- Drive digital learning experiences, standardizing and modularizing content.
- Formalize, professionalize and standardize processes.
- Train and support subject matter experts on standard frameworks and technology for content development.
- Incorporate proven adult learning principles in all learning plans and asset development.
- Utilize proven techniques to research, design and develop multimedia learning materials for new and existing programs in a variety of contexts and subjects.
- Determine or verify accurate learning objectives in order to create relevant and scalable learning content and assessments.
- Work directly with SME’s, content developers, and business stakeholders .
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in program and content design and development in a technology discipline.
- Certificates or coursework in instructional systems, instructional design, adult learning theory, training and development and/or performance technology.
- Industry certifications in performance improvement, project management and content-specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and within a matrixed team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and deliver multiple work projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of management, applying both tactical and strategic thinking to new business challenges.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills and be able to effectively work in a virtual cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledge and skill in the implementation of elearning in LMS / LCMS web environments required.
- Expertise in eLearning development tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, Lectora or Saas based eLearning tools such as RapidIntake or Claro, etc.
- Proven effectiveness in collaborating, negotiating, and interviewing business partners and Subject Matter Experts to solicit required learning content.
- Strong strategic planning and project management capabilities, outstanding cross-functional collaboration skills, and international/multi-cultural exposure.
- Requires organizational agility, the ability to lead and drive change and a proven ability to maneuver through unstructured problems and create the necessary structure to drive results.