Salt Lake City, Utah- relocation opportunity!
Our client in South Jordan Utah is seeking a Senior UX Researcher to establish a UX practice. The company is investing heavily in UX and has taken big strides towards implementing research and validation practices at scale across our product development teams. We are laser-focused on delivering better products, and on the success of our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Senior UX Researcher who will help our teams connect with customers, and coach them in discovering how we can deliver the highest value to them through our software. This will be the first dedicated research role and could over time become a team lead or manager role.
What you’ll do…
- Establish a UX Research practice and partner with leaders in UX, product and engineering to guide and coach the team in discovering and validating ideas and opportunities.
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, such as structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate impact of product changes and gather insights at scale
- Discover insights by analyzing data from our internal telemetry and external tools like FullStory
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through presentations and reports
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high quality insights in a fast paced work environment
- Build empathy across the organization to improve the products we build for our users
- Has at least 5 years of experience as a UX researcher, ideally for a SaaS product.
- Has experience with a broad range of user research tools and methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative, and can develop a research strategy with the right mix of the two depending on the project and desired outcome.
- Experience with persona creation, education and evolution over time.
- Is curious and persistent in understanding the root cause of user behaviors and problems, using both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Has the ability to see patterns in data and communicate insights.
- Has leadership traits to influence and drive organizational change.