Our client is seeking a seasoned Instructional Design professional to join the Global Sales Enablement organization to help us design a new seller development framework based on roles, competencies and a badging/certification program. This person will be a key contributor to the strategic development of role-based journeys that ensure optimized, effective, and modern learning experiences for our global network of direct and partner sellers.
This job is open to contract to perm, or perm.
Working closely with the VP of Global Sales Enablement and a strong team of subject matter experts, course developers and regional enablement leads, the instructional designer will contribute to program strategy and design as well as create a variety of assets to support sellers.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has in-depth experience and proven success designing and developing learning programs for global sales and/or technical audiences.
- Has strong educational acumen and is well-versed on instructional best practices for the modern learner.
- Keeps him/herself up to date on industry trends, insights, new technologies and data.
- Is an enthusiastic collaborator and can manage a global set of stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrates proven ability to solve complex problems and enhance processes in measurable ways, with ongoing cross-functional communication and clear, concise updates to stakeholders.
- Understands modern content development best practices for the digital world.
- Implement a sales job role analysis and develop supporting competency framework to serve as the backbone of the program.
- Assess the current content/portfolio and perform gap analysis.
- Work with subject matter experts on content design and development and drive standard framework for content look and feel.
- Define content development roadmap that supports competency framework analysis and aligns with prioritized business needs.
- Define and develop learning journeys, certification framework and assessement strategy and content.
- Participate in LMS requirements, design, and implementation based on learner needs.
- Drive digital learning experiences, standardizing and modularizing content.
- Formalize, professionalize and standardize processes.
- Train and support subject matter experts on standard frameworks and technology for content development.
- Incorporate proven adult learning principles in all learning plans and asset development.
- Utilize proven techniques to research, design and develop multimedia learning materials for new and existing programs in a variety of contexts and subjects.
- Determine or verify accurate learning objectives in order to create relevant and scalable learning content and assessments.
- Work directly with SME’s, content developers, and business stakeholders .
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in program and content design and development in a technology discipline.
- Certificates or coursework in instructional systems, instructional design, adult learning theory, training and development and/or performance technology.
- Industry certifications in performance improvement, project management and content-specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and within a matrixed team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and deliver multiple work projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of management, applying both tactical and strategic thinking to new business challenges.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills and be able to effectively work in a virtual cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledge and skill in the implementation of elearning in LMS / LCMS web environments required.
- Expertise in eLearning development tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, Lectora or Saas based eLearning tools such as RapidIntake or Claro, etc.
- Proven effectiveness in collaborating, negotiating, and interviewing business partners and Subject Matter Experts to solicit required learning content.
- Strong strategic planning and project management capabilities, outstanding cross-functional collaboration skills, and international/multi-cultural exposure.
- Requires organizational agility, the ability to lead and drive change and a proven ability to maneuver through unstructured problems and create the necessary structure to drive results.