Our client, a healthcare organization in Kansas City, KS is seeking a Learning Experience designer.
As a Learning Experience Designer, you will be responsible for working collaboratively with Product Line Managers, clinical educators, media-developers and other key stakeholders to instructionally design, develop and maintain eLearning content and curriculums that comprise the online educational programs of Pediatric Learning Solutions (PLS). Duties may relate to general content as well as pediatric-focused clinical content and curriculums geared toward orienting clinicians new to pediatrics. Also responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of new learning models and content design templates.
Essential duties and responsibilities
LEARNING EXPERIENCE DESIGN 60%
• Design and develop interactive, engaging and effective learning experiences, using a performance-based, learner-centered approach that improves member experience and achievement of the associated desired outcomes.
• Collaborate closely with Product Line Managers and educators to ensure eLearning content addresses the needs of and is engaging for PLS’ target learners.
• Design and maintain course template framework that incorporates interactive and engaging learner experience elements.
• Manage product portfolio(s), as assigned, which may include, but not be limited to, engagement and interaction with Advisory Committee and subject matter experts, and writing, editing and instructional design of related course content and collaterals.
• Incorporate and apply learning experience design (LXD) to new and existing content.
o Work with Product Line Managers, educators and where appropriate, subject matter experts (SMEs), to write and/or instructionally design new content.
o Quality check and re-design existing clinical and non-clinical training courses. Evaluate approximately 30% of maintenance cycle courses annually to insure LXD quality and implement improvement of interactivity and engagement where needed and appropriate (including storytelling elements, scenario development, game design, etc.).
- As applicable, cull and edit course content to comply with established quality and design criteria, while ensuring all content remains that is needed to meet course objectives.
Improve course test items using current trend/theory in assessment design and test item writing.
LEARNING EXPERIENCE DESIGN STRATEGY 25%
• Lead needs analysis and learning strategy development activities, working collaboratively with the product line managers, educators, media developers and programmers, program coordinators and other key stakeholders, to develop and deliver high-quality eLearning experiences, including those that involve, but not limited to, mobile learning, micro-learning, augmented reality (AR) and scenario branching.
• Create an annual LXD plan that includes key focus areas and elements that support PLS’ ongoing goals to further enhance learner engagement, promote achievement of desired learning outcomes, contribute additional value to our courses and programs, and stay aligned with industry standards and learner needs.
• Lead process improvement efforts related to streamlining and improving turnaround of course assignments and overall reduction of product development timelines.
• Annually implement content design changes as review cycles and scheduling allows.
• Conduct end-user testing and piloting on new design changes and incorporate feedback into future design.
• Stay abreast of changes and trends related, but not limited to adult learning theory, learning science, learning experience design and human performance improvement as it relates to the healthcare environment and eLearning.
LEARNING EXPERIENCE DESIGN TEAM LEAD 15%
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal team members to insure a coordinated effort in support of product development. Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, especially when giving and receiving feedback.
o Effectively communicate LXD needs to programmer staff, including descriptions of interactions, graphics needs and design/layout needs.
o Effectively communicate with Product Line Managers to ensure product line needs are being met.
• Collaborate with manager to design and execute an educational plan for PLS staff: o Orient all new Educators and other key stakeholders to PLS’ LXD goals and methodologies as well as PLS’ processes, procedures and standards related to reviewing, editing and designing content.
o Provide quarterly training sessions to targeted staff on changing needs, standards and/or procedures, and on an as needed basis.