Our Client is a global business strategy, design and technology consulting company specializing in capital markets. They provide innovation on demand, helping their clients realize rapid transformational change. They engineer the most forward-thinking systems in the industry for all kinds of financial services players, from small startups to large banks, from hedge funds to asset managers, assisting those companies with their most key strategic business programs and technology investments.
WHAT DO WE NEED HELP WITH?
Our UX/Visual Designers work with our development teams and customers to drive the user experience and visual aesthetic of the cutting-edge financial systems we design. Our projects offer talented design professionals wide-ranging creative challenges and demand from them the highest quality of design and execution. You will have the opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with exceptional colleagues and have the power and responsibility to shape the way users feel about the software they use.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
UX/VX Designers create next-generation user interfaces for the financial services industry, applying skills in graphic design, cognitive science, human-computer interaction, data visualization, and software development.
As fully integrated and immersed members our multi-disciplinary project delivery teams, UX/VX Designers are peers to UX Architects and Software Engineers on client engagements. They are involved throughout the client engagement lifecycle, from pre-sales presentation and proposal, through project analysis and conception, to implementation and delivery. They are the principal contributors of branding and visual design on client engagements, designing solutions across multiple platforms and devices.
Responsibilities include the development of interface sketches, branding concepts, paper and electronic prototypes, design style guides, illustration assets (such as splash screens, icons, charts, tables), and applicable technology-specific styles and templates. The standard working toolset for UX Designers is Adobe Creative Suite.
WHO ARE YOU?
You have a blend of design and consulting skills sufficient not only to imagine an interface but to present advocate for the ideas behind it. You want to design and create beautiful, high-impact software applications. You to work in an environment committed to excellence, where creative design is respected and innovation is a core strategic value. In short, if you’re smart and productive, creative and driven, Lab49 is the place for you.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW? (Required Capabilities and Experience)
- 5+ years of experience as a Visual Designer in a commercial setting with complex, interactive applications.
- Excellent layout, graphic design, branding, and illustration skills.
- Ability to apply and translate existing brand guidelines into fresh, innovative solutions.
- Ability to find multiple high-quality, valid solutions to design solutions.
- Ability to offer and accept consistent critique of design work.
- Effective presentation and communication skills.
- Strong time-management and self-organization skills.
- Formal background in Visual Design (art, interactive design, motion graphics, graphic, visual or print design).
PREFERRED CAPABILITIES (Nice to Have)
- Experience working on complex systems in an enterprise software environment.
- Knowledge of, and strong demonstrated interest in, global financial markets and financial products.