Our client is seeking a Contract Senior Technical Writer to rewrite their API documentation to be user friendly for developers. They are seeking someone who is a high-achiever, positive-thinker, and who deeply believes in the industry and profession of technical communication.
This job is onsite in Burlington, MA.
Our client encourages everyone to enjoy their work, to innovate, and to also experience a work-life balance crucial to healthy living. This role aligns with the UA team responsibilities, leading certain team efforts in achieving goals, communicating with the departments we work closely with, and providing the level of quality documentation our customers need.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Authoring various types of guides in DITA
- Updating and correcting online content
- Streamlining workflow processes
- Improving DITA processes
- Updating and enforcing style and terminology guides
Personality and Aptitude:
We are looking for someone who can work independently with great initiative, but who understands the importance of team-work in high-pressure situations. This person must be ready and able to hit the ground running, writing the technical publications as s/he goes, and can quickly learn by watching and listening. We want an experienced person who is still willing to learn new methods and processes and is open to taking on any tasks at any level that work toward getting the job done. As a senior person in the team, we would look to the person in this role to be strong but flexible, a great communicator and an innovator.
Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication, but we will look at individuals who only have basic certification in Technical Communication if they have compensatory experience and degrees in related fields.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of:
- Two – Five years in technical writing
- Two years of structured authoring/modular documentation
- Two years of DITA
- One year of experience in single sourcing
- Must have experience documenting XML APIs and REST APIs.
Candidates with these additional skillsets/experience will be regarded most favorably:
- DITA optimization and single-sourcing
- Agile software development lifecycles
- REST API documentation
- CSS design and implementation
- Information inventory, mapping, and architecture
- Jira, GitLab, BitBucket
- oXygen and DITA Open Toolkit