Our client in the security industry is seeking a Contract UX Designer for a security platform for Devops workflows.The job is in San Francisco. 6 months to start, possible contract to perm. You will be the sole UXD in this location for this product.
The company is part of a larger company and so though working alone, you will be part of the UX team.
Be part of a busy UX team working on Cloud-based (SaaS) enterprise software as we create a user experience that is a competitive differentiator for our company. Help us to secure the world’s software.
In this role, you’ll work with a smart, fun, and energetic team of twelve UX generalists and technical writers, who love working for us, as well as working with each other. We value the individual. We create an environment to bring out the best in one another. We cheerlead and celebrate victories. We help our customers be heroes.
Our team works closely with product management and development as an integrated practice serving the UX needs of more than 20 scrum teams. You’ll take on complex and challenging UX projects that will give you the opportunity to grow technically and as a designer.
We are seeking a talented UX designer. As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be experienced in standard User Experience methodologies and techniques
- Quickly design and wireframe new features using Sketch
- Create prototypes for use in customer research and usability testing
- Work with our user researcher to validate concepts and designs with customers and partners
- Enjoy working on complex, enterprise applications
- Be comfortable operating in an Agile UX and development environment
- Enjoy collaborating with other UX designers
- Partner with PM and Developer stakeholders
- Provide feedback to and receive feedback from peers in design reviews and office hours
Bonus points for:
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, and other web technologies
- Development of UI components or pages in Angular and/or React
- Experience with multiple user research methods (walkthroughs, testing, interviews, surveys)
- Visual design skill
- Data visualization/information design skills