Out startup client, which has received $345 million in funding to date, has a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Their mission is to democratize machine data analytics through their platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
They are looking for a Technical Product Manager who will be a hands-on leader responsible for defining and leading the execution for their Machine Data Analytics Platform.
You will report to the Senior Director of Product Management to help define the strategy and direction for their core platform. You will work as part of a product management team that leads the definition of all products and will work integrally with their solutions product teams, core platform engineering and our ISV partners.
The ideal candidate is a technical PM, architect or engineering leader with product leadership experience, and a track record of bringing large-scale open, extensible SaaS solutions to market. This professional will be passionate about a modern applications architectures,cloud/SaaS business model, building large-scale developer ecosystems, and has impeccable product skills.
- Shape the direction of their platform that enables them to further their leadership position in a highly competitive and rapidly changing market.
- Work with R&D organizations driving product requirements and ensuring timely release of products and solutions, managing the complete life cycle of products/services.
- Manage the overall cross-product backlog for platform requirements, drive alignment across teams and communicate status and progress.
- Work with other teams such as the SRE, security and infra teams to help drive requirements for the platform.
- Evangelize the platform with customers, prospects, partners as well as internal groups such as R&D, Product Marketing, Sales, Technical Sales and Customer Support
- Lead the market/technology research developing a deep understanding of the technology, market and competitors.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following experience:
- Deep technical knowledge of IaaS, SaaS, and other cloud based software and platforms.
- Strong background with application programming interfaces and automation tools
- Good knowledge in application security related areas such as SSO, SAML and OAUTH
- Experience defining, delivering and evolving developer programs
- Unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big picture vision and drive to make the vision a reality
- Comfortable being hands-on in fast moving and rapidly changing technologies and products.
- Able to articulate the value proposition/story at varying depth depending upon audience types
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- 7+ years Product Management experience
- Minimum 5 years of leading a SaaS product or portfolio of products
- 1-2 years experience in SAML, OAUTH, SSO and other related IDP and authentication services
- 1-3 years of recent experience with AWS and other Cloud IaaS services
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence others.
- Product Marketing and go-to-market experience in enterprise software market
- Ability to build and defend business cases
- Experience with Agile software development
- BA/BS in Computer Science. MBA Preferred