You’ve been called several things: air traffic controller, task master, hero! We’re looking for a Project Manager to join our Client’s growing team and lead some of their larger engagements. We need someone who is passionate about building transformative digital experiences for large, complex and interesting clients and who is relentless in the pursuit of providing stellar service – two steps ahead – to clients and internal design and development teams.
Our Client’s Project Managers are part of our strategic delivery team of project and account leads. You will be responsible for leading a (reasonable) number of large and medium scale projects within one or two (three max) accounts. In addition to your core project management activities (project planning, status and meeting management and communication, internal and client-facing work stream management and reporting, budget and resource management, etc.). You will be involved in ensuring account and company growth through delighted clients and efficient, effective, collaborative and supported internal teams. We’re looking for a seasoned jack-of-all-trades who’s looking to lead large, strategic delivery engagements and help build a growing practice team and organization.
- Own the details but see the larger vision for the account, client and project.
- Interface directly with client stakeholders and proactively communicate status and risk while building relationships of trust and transparency.
- Act as the internal hub of the delivery team in close collaboration with Experience Design, Insights & Optimization and Development leads to help guide the account work.
- Maintain easy to understand and well-communicated project plans that define phases, activities, deliverables, deadlines, staffing, budget and utilization tracking and other project details.
- Schedule and lead client and internal meetings by defining attendees, soliciting input from other team members in advance, sending out agendas, facilitating when appropriate, capturing and distributing meetings notes and managing action items.
- Collaborate with a dynamic and diverse team of account, project and discipline managers who can’t wait to partner with you.
- Proactively escalate and inform any budget, timeline, deliverable, quality or personnel issues to your manager as soon as an issue is known to facilitate joint problem solving.
- Maintain accountability for scoping projects and delivering them on budget and on time.
- Enthusiastic, full of positive energy and able to maintain grace and a sense of humor and perspective under pressure.
- Care about the details and processes, but understand that sometimes you need to let it play out.
- An excellent communicator and don’t shy away from difficult conversations.
- On a mission to learn, grow and constantly improve your craft.
- A motivator able to work in a multidiscipline team atmosphere in a peer leadership role.
- Capable of driving teams to a high level of quality and performance on deadline.
- Excellent at estimating, scheduling and budgeting with an eye for doing great work and minimizing risk.
- 5-10 years as a Project Manager in an agency environment developing websites, mobile apps or other digital experiences.
- CMS experience with Sitecore, AEM or similar platform a plus.
- Experience managing both digital experience design and development teams.
- Client-side experience a plus.
- PM certifications a plus.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence a plus.
- History of maintaining healthy customer relationships with a focus on service and fostering repeat business — with examples is a big plus!
- Experience project managing projects with a budget of $500k or more a plus.